I want to have a rhinoplasty and possibly a lip lift. (photos)

I was wondering if I could have rhinoplasty to define the top of my nose bridge and tip and also elongate my nose as its quite short. I want it to look natural and harmonise my face. My philtrum is quite long and makes my upper lip protrude slightly. It makes my face look very long. I also want to know if a rhinoplasty will naturally lift my philtrum or I would have to get a lip lift afterwards? Is my upper lip to big for a lip lift?

Rhinoplasty and Lip Lift

An open rhinoplasty could help deliver the nasal result you discussed, though a lip lift would need to be performed in a separate procedure if needed at all. Allow the nose to heal and look to see if the upper lip event needs a lift after the rhinoplasty, but if needed to transcolumellar incision needs to heal prior to a lip lift.

Rhinoplasty and lip lift

Perform the rhinoplasty first then reevaluate the need for lip lift.  A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish narrowing the bridge line, narrowing the tip and narrowing wide nostrils.

Rhinoplasty will benefit you

Rhinoplasty will improve your nose. However, it will not make your nose longer than it is. Rhinoplasty will also not lift or shorten your nose.  You should not have a upper lip lift because you have a high risk of forming a keloid.   

Vasdev Rai, MD

Rhinoplasty and lip lift

Thank you for your  question and photos. You can have both procedures done simultaneously. A rhinoplasty alone will not decrease the length of the philtrum. Your upper lip will become more prominent with a lip lift, but you will need to make a decision on that. It appears you have a slight asymmetry where your right upper lip is lower than your left. This can be addressed with the lip lift as well. I hope this helps.Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Lip Lift Procedures

Thank you for your question.  After reviewing your photos, I do believe that you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty.  This will narrow, refine and add projection to your nose creating a more aesthetically-pleasing contour.  After the rhinoplasty is complete, it is unlikely that your philtrum will still appear too long, and as a lip lift will cause unnecessary scarring, I would not recommend this procedure.