I want to have my nose done but i'm unsure if i'll be able to get the results I want. (photos)

I want to have my nose done but i'm unsure if i'll be able to get the results I desire or not. I'm curious as to what procedures I would have to get to sort my nose out as well as the costs of it. I have uploaded images of my own nose, and my desire look, Are these results possible to achieve? I also want to get a more defined jawline and I want to get rid of my chubby cheeks? What procedure would I need

Rhinoplasty

I think you would be an excellent candidate to achieve the results you are looking for.  You would likely need a reduction in the dorsum and then some tip refinement to control the rotation and contour of the nose.  Some of the pictures you show have better chin support as well, and often times we have to look at the nose-chin relationship to see if that would give you the result you seek.

Ask your plastic surgeon what the best strategy would be and they should be able to give you an idea of simulation results to help you envision the post operative appearance.

Hope that helps,

Christopher C. Chang, MD

Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty

Thanks for your question and for sharing your pictures.  From what I see, and the pictures you have posted that you like; I think rotating the tip as well as narrowing and refining it.  I would also recommend a small graft to the top of you nose (near your eyes) to soften this transition. 

A real time consult is the best way to have a full assessment of your features and to discuss your goals.

Dr Rodman

Regina Rodman, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

I want to have my nose done but i'm unsure if i'll be able to get the results I want.

Thank you for your question. Based on your pictures, you are an excellent candidate and will benefit from a Rhinoplasty. We need to remove the dorsal hump and redifine the tip, but also we need to shorten the nose, since its a little too long for your face.  This will create a better balance in your face. I recommed that you look for a Board Certified Surgeon that has extensive experience on Rhinoplasty. Good luck

Franco R. Jacome, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Nose surgery/Rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty or corrective nasal surgery can certainly achieve an improvement in the appearance of your nose.  You should be realistic in your expectations by choosing an experienced board certified facial plastic surgeon and have imaging by your surgeon during your consultation so you can see the results that can realistically be achieved.  At the same time you can discuss other procedures you are interested in and see what can be done to achieve the results you would like.  Hope this answer helps you in your decision making.

Bradford S. Patt, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It is near impossible to replicate somebody elses nose because we all have different anatomys but you would definitely benefit from nasal refinement. I believe you may benefit from a hump reduction and tip rhinoplasty. A dorsal hump can be removed by cutting out the extra cartilage along with filing of the bone to smooth out the bump. A tip rhinoplasty includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing. In regards to your cheeks and jawline, I would suggest trying fillers to define your jawline and cheekbones more. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin implant candidate

The photographs  demonstrate an overly projecting nose with a dorsal hump, along with a weak and recessive chin profile. Consider performing a closed rhinoplasty and a chin implant combination. The rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump, narrowing  the bridge line, reducing the hanging columella and refining the tip as necessary with all of these incisions placed on the inside of the nose. Placement of a small chin implant will help with facial balance and proportions, since all the model photos have strong chins presented. Chin implants are composed of silastic, and are usually placed through a small incision underneath the chin. For  more information, diagrams of the implants and many  before and after examples, please see the link and the video below