I have an inverted V deformity ?

I had rhinoplasty 3 months ago - I have a inverted V deformity - as my dorsal bone has been over-resected - is it too early to say whether this will be a lasting result?

Inverted V-deformity after rhinoplasty

In inverted V deformity after rhinoplasty is secondary to an aggressive removal of a nasal hump without re-supporting the area with cartilage grafting. If this area is an resupported with cartilage grafts called spreader grafts, the middle part of the nose will collapse overtime. This will allow the transition from the nasal bones to the cartilaginous part of the nose to become visible. This visibility and shadowing of the transition point is known as the inverted V deformity. The inverted V deformity will not improve over time. To correct in inverted V deformity, a revision rhinoplasty with cartilage grafting to re-support the nose is required.

Inverted V

Thank you for the question and I would see my surgeon and get his opinion as he knows what he did and where you should be at in your recovery
Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Inverted v

Photos would be helpful. But if you are seeing an inverted V now, it is likely to be permanent.......

Inverted V deformity

Inverted V deformity occurs following collapse of the upper lateral cartilages if they lose stability from over resection of mucosa; you will require spreader grafts to correct this problem.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Rhinopalsty Questions

It is impossible to say whether you have a true inverted V deformity without photographs.  If indeed that is the problem, it will usually require a revision surgery to correct it.