I have a Dorsal Hump and Deviated Septum - To fix both would the best option be a Septo-rhinoplasty? (photos)

I am 20 and have a dorsal hump on the bridge of my nose, which I would like to slim down and straighten, I would also like to define the tip of my nose too. I have a deviated septum which has made the front of my nose crooked and I have had trouble breathing because of it.I have wanted to get this fixed for years and I have seriously considered surgery,would the best option be a septo-rhinoplasty? How much would this generally cost judging from these photos? Thank you!

Septorhinoplasty Candidate

Dear Joy2296, Yes a septorhinoplasty is a combined procedure allowing one recovery and one surgical fee.  The "septo" portion is addressing the deviated septum and function of the nose and the "rhinoplasty" portion addressing the aesthetics. You would benefit nicely from this procedure to address your deviated septum, reduce your dorsal hump, straighten your nose, narrow your bridge and refine your tip. You may also be a candidate for chin augmentation to further provide a nice balance to your profile as well as your overall facial aesthetics. This would be evaluated at the time of your consultation. Often times your insurance company may pay for the functional portion of your procedure if you are diagnosed with a deviated septum.I would suggest seeking consultation with some experts in the field, have imaging performed to see the proposed results and review the experts before and after photographs to ensure natural looking rhinoplasty results. See the link below for before and after examples and the video above of the imaging process. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

cosmetic rhinoplasty and functional septoplasty for breathing

A septoplasty is performed in the back of the nose for functional purposes to improve airflow dynamics through the nose.  A septoplasty is usually billed to the patient's medical insurance, once medical necessity has been documented at time of examination and consultation.  A  rhinoplasty is performed for cosmetic purposes to straighten the  Nose, shave down the dorsal hump, and adjust the nasal tip cartilages.  Both procedures can be performed  with a closed rhinoplasty approach at the same time under one anesthetic with one recovery period. For more information  and many before and after results, please see the link and the video below

Eliminate Dorsal Hump and Straightening Deviated Septum

Both the cosmetic and functional changes can and should be done at the same time. The result will be better and you will have just one operation and recovery. Your cosmetic goals are appropriate and reasonable.