I am aged 70 why shouldn't I use minoxidil?

There is no reason why you shouldn't use minoxidil unless you are allergic to minoxidil or have adverse effects.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Finesteride, Spironolactone

Minoxidil is not age specific and can be used at your age. Results vary from each individual, but it is worth a try. Best, Dr. Emer

Age 70 and Minoxidil

There is no age limit for the use of minoxidil. It will work just as well in a 70 year old as a 30 year old with hair loss

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Should I throw out my minoxidil?

Minoxidil can certainly be helpful. Minoxidil is certainly not for everyone.
Minoxidil is FDA approved for women 18-65 with androgenetic hair loss. If an individual has some other hair loss condition besides androgenetic hair loss (there are dozens of other kinds) and if the individual is over 65, they should check with their physician if minoxidil is safe or not.
I don't prescribe minoxidil if:
1. the patient has heart disease, especially ischemic type heart disease or heart failure2. the patient has heart rhythm problems3. the patient has certain internal conditions like pheochromocytoma4. the individual has allergies to any of the components of minoxidil