Can I do the Hymenoplasty surgery and have sex after one week?

I know the post surgery takes 4-6 weeks but what if I have sex after one week or few days? what are the effects of doing that ?

Can I have sex a week after hymenoplasty?

You will increase the risk of infection and bleeding and damage to your body if you have vaginal intercourse too soon after hymenoplasty.  Clitoral stimulation and orgasm is ok.  Oral sex to this area is not advisable.  

Hymenoplasty

Thank you for your question.  Having sex too early after a hymenoplasty would not allow enough time for healing to occur and to obtain the goals of having the procedure performed.  

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic and Reconstructive Urologist -- Cleveland, Ohio)

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP
Cleveland Urologist

Don't have sex after hymenoplasty for at least 6 weeks and then, only when you're ready to break it

If your goal is to bleed, wait six weeks. If your goal is to have your partner not see or feel stitches, wait 6 weeks. If your goal is to have your hymen break without bleeding and have your partner notice that you were stitched up, then have sex sooner.

Sex a few days after hymenoplasty??

Good question actually. Hymenoplasty surgeons ask our patients to be very careful and rest for 3-4 weeks, and wait until 2-3 months or more for sex in hopes that a tear at that point will generate tightness and bleeding either from the area repaired that has had the time to re-vascularize, or from another area, as hopefully the whold "ring" is tightened. So, what happens if you have sex "...right away?" Well, you won't be tight- the incision will open right up. The stitches will be visible. It may or may not bleed. When the "new" incision opens up the stitches will rip out certainly, and may or may not bleed. I think the issue is not so much "...will it bleed..." (it very well may), as the stitches will be visable and there may be a piece of thread noticable to your partner.

Michael P Goodman, MD

Davis, CA, USA

When can you have sex after labiaplasty, perineoplasty, or hymenoplasty?

After any surgery of the genital area be it labiaplasty, perineoplasty, or vaginal surgery, I generally recommend at least 8 weeks off of having sex, riding a bike, spin class, etc. One would risk tearing the repair with pain and bleeding if you tried to do a higher impact activity before the tissues have healed and strengthened. It's not worth taking the risk of tearing the work some surgeon did for you down there... plus it would hurt a lot and need to be repaired again, with some type of anesthesia usually. This can hinder your ultimate result and your healing time, and can become expensive for you, so be careful and follow your doctor's instructions for the specific procedure you have undergone. 

Alternatively, with nonsurgical vaginal rejuvenation and tightening such as diVa vaginal laser and ThermiVa radiofrequency, you can usually have sex that night or the following day according to your specific issue and your doctor's instructions. 

Good luck.