Can any hyaluronic acid fillers be effective at increasing anterior projection of male chin?

I would like to "try on" a silastic chin implant and would like to know if any Hyaluronic acid fillers, such as juvederm voluma, can be effective for subtle chin augmentation on a male? I am not prepared to use radiesse as it cannot be dissolved if something goes wrong.

Fillers for chin augmentation

Yes, fillers can be used in the chin to increase projection. However, you would need quite a lot of volume to achieve the amount of change provided by an implant (assuming it's needed). An implant will also give better definition more like natural bone. Good luck!

Washington DC Otolaryngologist

Hyaluronic Fillers in the Chin

Any hyaluronic filler can be used to increase chin volume but they will not provide the same definition as an implant. Injections will help but they will not provide a true insight as to what can be achieved with an implant.

Can hyaluronic acid fillers be used to augment the chin?

Any of the injectable fillers, including hyaluronic acid fillers like Voluma, can be used to augment the chin.  This area is a fairly common area of treatment with fillers as well as with implants.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler for chin augmentation

I often do this with my patients as a "trial run".  I frequently like using either Restylane lyft or Juvederm voluma (or ultra plus) as they have higher G' than some of the other softer fillers and are unable to support the tissue as much as I would like.  The choice, for me personally, depends on your skin type, etc in order to determine what filler would give you the most realistic trial run.  Best of luck! 

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

HI, yes I frequently use an HA dermal filler for Chin Augmentation so that patients can see the results before having a chin implant placed.  The dermal filler procedure is quick, easy and highly effective at augmenting the chin if placed in the proper location.  Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.

I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  When the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  

Hope this helps.

Chin augmentation with filler

It is a very good idea to try it first. Any hyaluronic acid filler can be used for this purpose. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon