Will high intensity exercises effect my nose a month after the surgery?

I had my surgery a month ago to fix my crooked nose, i am very happy with the outcome. however i need to get back to my training which consist of a lot of plyometric jumps . fast sprinting and sudden movements, can the movement from the high intensity exercises contribute to my nose bending and becoming crooked again?

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. Yes, high intensity movements run the risk of causing increased blood pressure which can cause nosebleeds. Please avoid any activity that can increase your chance of being hit in the face or nose, as that trauma will most likely jeopardize your healing process and your new nose. Please consult with your board certified facial surgeon as to the permitted and prohibited activities during recovery.Best wishes,

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

High intensity exercises

You should avoid high intensity exercises for 6 to 8 weeks following surgery.  Your nose is still fragile at this point. Be careful!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Avoid nasal trauma for 6 weeks after rhinoplasty

You nose is still very fragile at this point after your surgery. Most surgeons will allow exercise at 2 weeks postoperatively, but will caution you to avoid contact sports that might result in nasal trauma. Discuss this further with your surgeon.

High intensity exercises

Thank you for your question.  I allow my patients to resume all activities 8-10 days following rhinoplasty except any activities which may result in injury to the nose such as contact sports.  The nasal bones will be fragile for 6-8 weeks.  However this is something you should discuss with your rhinoplastic surgeon. Best of luck!

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon