Hair transplantation and hunger. Any suggestions?

I had an hair transplantation. And l went straight to the hotel. I ordered food but it arrived very very late 2 hours (dont ask why) and l felt really hungury. Could this effect the outcome. l dont çare how does it sound but it is a urgent and important question for me.

Hair transplant and delayed meal

I do not think having delayed your evening meal by 2 hrs post surgery will have any effect on your grafts.Hair is made of keratinized protein, a delayed meal will make no difference in the hair itself or the transplanted grafts.Maintaining a healthy diet is always a good idea.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Being hungry and not eating your dinner on time will not affect the result of your hair transplant surgery.

Being hungry and not eating your dinner on time will not affect the result of your hair transplant surgery.  If you are concerned about this, contact your hotel management or your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

I would be hungry too if I had to wait 2 hours for dinner

Your hunger was certainly normal but having to wait for dinner is not going to harm your grafts. You should always try to eat a healthy balanced diet for good overall health and for the health of your hair.

Jennifer Krejci, MD
San Antonio Dermatologist

Thank you for posting your question. After a hair transplant nutrition is very important especially proteins. Having a meal 2 hours late after your procedure will not cause any harm, but do not go on any crash diets at this stage. You want to make sure you have enough sustenance. Hope this helps.

Matt Tahsini, MD
Pasadena Hair Restoration Surgeon

Eat

Yes, you should eat. The more the better to allow the body to heal. No reason to fast.  No restrictions on most foods.

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist

EAting after a hair transplant

If you are hungry, eat by all means. Eating is important as it is part of your normal routine. Go for it

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon