Hair transplant and minoxidil.

I had a hair transplant 5 weeks ago, would it be advised I start using minoxidil? My existing hair is starting to grow through but very thin in that area, I'm worried that if I use minoxidil it will make them hairs shed? I am on propecia but I've also seen viviscal hair growth tablets advertised, would these tablets also help?

Minoxidil after a hair transplant

Minoxidil has no effect on the transplanted hairs but if you have thinning elsewhere, you can try the minoxidil

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Rogaine

This is a good question and one that should be addressed with your treating physician since every doctor has their own post treatment protocols.

Tim Neavin, MD

It is best to ask your surgeon and follow what your surgeon recommends after surgery.

It is best to ask your surgeon and follow what your surgeon recommends after surgery.    Some surgeons recommend minoxidil after surgery.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon