What would be the best way to treat my gummy smile? (Photo)

I was wondering what would be best to treat my gummy smile?

Gummy Smile Treatment Depends on the Cause

Thank you for posting a photo along with your question. There are various factors that can cause a gummy smile, and diagnosing the specific cause is important before choosing a treatment. A hypermobile lip may be to blame (i.e., lips pulling up and back too far when you smile), or it could be an overgrowth of gum tissue, an overbite, short teeth, or insufficient lip length. BOTOX injections are a temporary solution for a hypermobile lip, but you'll need to go back for additional treatments every few months to maintain the results. Other surgical and nonsurgical treatments, such as crown lengthening, lip lowering, and a smile makeover, can provide long-lasting changes.

Los Angeles Dentist

Gummy smile

there are many ways to restore this, you need to combine several things, the first one you need is to have a smile analysis, the gums, the bone, the size of the teeth is important, there are ways to reduce this, and surgical procedures to be done, veneers, and crowns, can work, 
have smile analysis, and also an  complete x ray diagnose.

Gummy smile

A gummy smile needs to be evaluated first. However, a quick treatment is injection of Botox into the muscles that raise the lip. This treatment takes few minutes and give great results. Meanwhile, your smile can be evalutated for a more defenitive treatment. 

Gummy Smile solutions

Great question and there are a number of different approaches to improve your smile.These can all be diagnosed and discussed further with you with an accomplished cosmetic dentist.
1-Tooth size--Sometimes the teeth are too small
2-Too much gum tissue --sometimes as the teeth erupt  the gum tissue does not recede back correctly and needs to be repositioned --this will make the teeth appear bigger and show less gums
3- Jaw positioning-sometimes the upper jaw is too long and needs a surgical correction
4-Upper lip mobility-- sometimes the upper lip lifts up too far and needs to be stabilized--with botox this is an easy correction. 
A cosmetic dentist can explore all of these options with you--Good luck!

What is the Best Way to Treat My Gummy Smile

Hi from London, Texas!  You can start with the least invasive procedure which is reversible. You can go to a cosmetic dentist that is certified to use Botox to help reduce how much gum your smile will show. Botox injections into the masseter muscles to relax them, making your smile look more natural and show teeth and not so much gum line. It would give you an idea of what you can expect if you decide you want a permanent procedure. You would need a surgical gum reduction and crown lengthening.  This procedure is much more costly and permanent.  I would consult more than one dentist and start with Botox and if you like what you see, then go for a permanent procedure.  Hope this helps and good luck with your new smile!

Vachik Danoukh, DMD
Van Nuys Dentist

Gummy smile

Thanks for posting the picture but more information is needed. I'd you could post a full face picture that would be more helpful. There are multiple ways to treat a gummy smile and it is determined by facial parameters.