Is the growth going as it should? 5 months post FUE (Photo)

Hi, I had an FUE in march 2016 around 2000 grafts transplanted onto my crown. I'm not sure if the growth is going as it should. Do I need a consultation with my surgeon or just simply wait few more months?

Fue growth process

Transplanted hairs start to visibly regrow between months 4-6. At month 6-9, a patient may expect to see growth for  80% of the transplants. Again, due to the random cycle of hair growth, not all grafts will start growing at the same time. Initially, the hair my be thinner and finer. It will gain length and density as it matures. 

Full growth from the transplants is usually achieved at 12 months. All the best

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Full FUE growth in 10-12 months

In reviewing your photos and taking into consideration that your surgery was in March 2016 you are starting to see some growth.  Be patient and wait 10-12 months for full growth.   See our web reference which outlines what to expect in the coming 12 months.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

It may take 6 to 12 months to see results after surgery. If you are concerned it is best to see your doctor for a follow up

It may take 6 to 12 months to see results after surgery. If you are concerned it is best to see your doctor for a follow up exam.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Crown area hair growth after hair transplant

Usually around 5 months you should get close to 40 percent hair growth.  Most of the hair grows around 6-9 months after the procedure, so you need to be a bit more patient.

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Early Growth

You are experiencing an early growth which is great! Expect it to be in full effect anywhere from 9-12 months post surgery. Have a great day.

Ben Talei, MD

5 months after hair transplant

You have early growth which should increase in length and quantity over the next 2-3 months. Doing well

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair transplant recovery

At 5 months after a hair transplant you should start to see the growth of the transplanted grafts.  It does appear from the photos that you are seeing the regrowth of the transplanted grafts at this point.