How many graft do I need for a hair transplant? (photo)

I would like to do hair transplant.i have been taking Propecia for last 9 month..i have recently started using regain as well. Now i am interested to do hair transplant..how many graft do i need and which method shall i use? Thank you I have attached 9 month before after picture..

You need to see a doctor for a consultation and explain exactly what your goals are to find out how many grafts you need.

You need to see a doctor for a consultation and explain exactly what your goals are to find out how many grafts you need.  You can receive 5000 grafts and may not be happy with the results if your expectations are way off.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

How many graft do I need for a hair transplant?

Greetings Thank you for your question and photos.

you will need 2 sessions for your transplantation to cover your whole bold area. Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated. 

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Transplanting the crown

Before I would transplant the crown, I would suggest that you try a combination of minoxidil and finasteride treatments for a year. Maybe you will grow hair there and not need a transplant. If you end up with a transplant, an area of that size will take 3000+ grafts to fill it up, more if the hair is fine, less if it is coarse. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon