What makes a good candidate for BBL?

What are surgeons looking for to determine what makes a good candidate for BBL?

Candidate for BBL or Brazilian Butt Lift

Thank you for a great question.

What experienced surgeons will discuss are the options, alternatives, and limitations of the procedure.  At the same time the surgeon will clarify the areas of liposuction and also the area for fat transfer.  The potential expectations  will be discussed based on the patients body and comprehensive evaluation.  Patients' health and safety is always priority.

For better understanding you can see the live surgeries on my snapchat@drjsurgery or the instagram @drjplasticsurgery.

A through consultation with an experienced surgeon will clarify the differences and your options easily.  The surgeon will give you options and guide you so you can achieve your best possible result and achieve your goals.

Make sure you have a thorough consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who has extensive experience in this procedure. Check her/his experience, credentials, reviews, before and after photos, and have a quality consultation.  

It is preferred for your surgeon to be member of "American Society of Plastic Surgeons" and ideally member of "American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery". This means they have been evaluated by the society and recognized that the focus of their practice is high volume and quality, honest aesthetic plastic surgery and they adhere to a code of ethics.

All my best,

What makes a good candidate for BBL?

Hello Dear, thank you for your excellent question.

There are so many parameters that are taken into account to see if you qualify for this procedure, the first thing is that you must be in health optimal for any plastic surgery, this implies huge lifestyle, suitable haemoglobin levels, BMI, etc. 

Then you have to have a person evaluation or send them your picturees to see what is the procedure for your body.

Hope to hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Ramon Morales, MD

Am I a BBL candidate?

A good candidate is someone who is healthy and active and can undergo anesthesia. Secondly, we look for enough body fat (but not too much) to allow contour of curves with transfer of fat to the buttock for a shapely result. This question is difficult to answer without more details. I recommend that you schedule a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure to determine if you are a candidate. 

#BBL #ShapedExtraJuicy #liposuction #fattransfer #BrazilianButtLift #DrSej #fatgrafting #fatsurvival #BBLrecovery #beverlyhills #curves #weightloss #bodysculpting 

Sejal M. Patel, MD

What makes a good candidate for BBL?

First and foremost we want our patients to be healthy so that it is safe to undergo elective plastic surgery. Other than that it is a matter of expectations. It is very important to me that I feel my patient and I are on the same page with our expectations. If I feel that I cannot meet my patients desired goals and they will not be happy unless they get those specific results (ie. wish photo), then they are not a good candidate for me to operate on. I don't have a set weight or BMI that I require prior to surgery, but obviously the results will be different if your starting weight is 200lbs vs 140lbs. 

What makes a good candidate for BBL?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well....  you should get in contact with a board certified plastic surgeon, send your pictures or make a consultation and evaluation to check your fat amounts, and if you qualify for lipo, because if you have extra skin in your abdominal cavity, it is better to have a tummy tuck too, good luck!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Good candidate for BBL

Thank you for your question.  A good candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift would have realistic expectations about buttock enhancement in terms of increasing size and improving buttock shape and contour.  You would need ample stores of fat in other parts of the body for the fat transfer.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck! 

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

BBL patient selection

It is important to evaluate the patient anatomy at the time of presentation

as well as the availability of donor fat for transfer. Because of fat resorption

it is convenient to save some donor areas for future fat transfer  if needed.

Soft tissue support is also a consideration.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Fernando Colon, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon