Genioplasty/chin implants? How can I enhance my jawline to be more masculine/chilled? (Photos)
Doctor Answers 3
Custom Jawline Implant
To make a stronger and more chiseled jawline you need chin and jaw angle augmentation. This may be able to be done with standard chin and jaw angle implants but may also need a total custom jawline plant approach depending on the degree of jawline change that you seek.
Chin implant for more masculine face
Thank you for asking about your chin implant.
- At least based on the photos, your lower face looks stronger than your upper face.
- In profile, your chin is already very prominent.
- For a wider chin, you can consider pre-jowl implants which add width but not chin projection.
- But I would also consider cheek implants - as your upper face is flatter than the lower face, and definition here will give you a more masculine look.
- Neither of these should alter your smile.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Genioplasty/chin implants? How can I enhance my jawline to be more masculine/chilled?
Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years. From the photos, your chin is not weak and actually projects beyond the aesthetic balance point for a man. When the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin. Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.
I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty. I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone. In my opinion, you are "not" a good candidate for chin implant surgery.
Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles. From the photos, your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), the chin is "not" and the mandibular angles do have some degree of angularity already.
- Cheek augmentation with cheek implants to add angularity to the cheeks and mid face.
- Additional Augmentation of the mandibular angles could be performed using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.
Hope this helps.
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.