Gap too wide between the boobs one bigger than the other, is this normal? (photos)

I Had a lift and 355cc implants under the muscle I feel like the gap is big in between .. do they look normal to you ? Have attached before and after pic ..4weeks post op) thank you

Gap too wide between the boobs one bigger than the other, is this normal?

Thank you for your question.  You are still very early in recovery and your results will continue to improve with time.  I think your result looks very good at this early stage.  When implants are placed under the muscle the insertion of the muscle and the width of your breastbone determine how narrow the gap is between your breast.  Please follow up with your plastic surgeon and ask if you've may begin breast implant displacement exercises.

Based on your photos you had an extremely difficult starting point and that your result, all things considered, is very nice for that beginning point.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Big Gap After Breast Augmentation

The gap you have after surgery is the gap you had before surgery. You didn't notice it as much because your breasts were resting on the upper aspect of your abdomen instead of in your chest area. That and now your breasts are projecting forward, not down. Your breasts look normal to me in these photos - they look like normal, ptotic/sagging/drooping breasts before your surgery and normal augmented, perky, freshly-operated on breasts after your surgery. In fact, it appears as if your plastic surgeon did a fantastic job - period, but especially considering your preoperative appearance. The time for critiquing will be at 6 months after your surgery when your implants and breast tissue are more settled and adjusted. You have a very nice early outcome. For now, enjoy your new perky, youthful look!

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Asymmetric Breasts

One implant appears to be sitting a little lower than the other, but the lift portion looks pretty good. You will need to heal completely before making an assessment on your results, usually about 6 months. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Gap

Thank you for the photos and the cleavage you have is the cleavage you have.  Implants and a lift only augment and lift the breasts.  They do not change your cleavage and in point of fact you have a very good result and should be Happy

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Nice result

You have a very nice result. Look at your pre-op photos, your breasts are wide apart, placing an implant and performing a lift with not change how close your breasts are(more cleavage), that is the way you were made and that cannot be changed without risking serious complications. 

Nice result for the starting point

Please understand that you had an extremely difficult starting point and that your result, all things considered, is very nice for that beginning point.

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation/lifting operation.  I think that your plastic surgeon has done an excellent job for you and that you have a very nice early outcome.  I also think that the "gap" between your breasts is to be expected given your initial anatomic starting point.

Some general thoughts regarding "cleavage concerns" may be helpful to you and other young ladies considering breast surgery:

Patients undergoing breast augmentation should understand that their anatomical “starting point” will play a significant "role" in the outcome that they can expect with breast augmentation surgery.   If the patient starts out with a significant distance between the breasts, there are limits as to how close of "cleavage" can be achieved.  If over dissection (when developing breast implant pocket) occurs in the cleavage area, with the goal being to achieve as close as possible cleavage per patient's request, patients may experience significant problems such as breast implant displacement (medial  malposition or symmastia) and/or significant breast implant rippling/palpability.  Obviously, these types of problems may require revisionary breast surgery to correct.  

Also, keep in mind, that each nipple/areola complex must remain centered on each breast mound after surgery.  Again, careful dissection of the breast implant pocket and appropriate selection of breast implant size/width/profile will also play a role when it comes to how close the cleavage area will be postoperatively (and the overall shape/symmetry of the breasts). Careful measurement/dimensional planning plays a big role in this regard.

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with long-term.