I had a FUE transplant 9 days ago and wonder if my scalp/planted area looks normal. (Photo)

I'm not sure about density of grafted area. Shouldn't transplanted grafts be closer to each other?

How does it look

At 9 days you still have some crusting which should disappear in another week or two. Then it will look more like the skin you expect to see but the hairs will fall out and then return in about 6 months, 

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

How your surgery turned out and what was done is between you and your doctor. Without knowing what was discussed or planned or

How your surgery turned out and what was done is between you and your doctor. Without knowing what was discussed or planned or how many grafts were used, there is no way to tell.  Go back to see your doctor or call your doctor with these questions.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

NeoGraft FUE Treatment

Thank you for your question, marekw. The grafted area looks like it is progressing as expected. Keep in mind that you will experience some shedding before regrowth. Please keep your board certified facial plastic surgeon appraised of how you are feeling about your progress, and make sure to schedule a follow-up appointment with your surgeon where you are prepared with a list of questions and concerns. 

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hair transplant density

Your hair transplant density seems to be around 10 follicles per centimeter squared, which is lower than the optimal 30-40 per centimeter squared. Most implants seem to have multiple follicles which will help. At this point, the best thing is to wait at least 6 months to a year to see if you are pleased with the result of if you would like more density.

How many grafts?

Personally, I would like to know how many grafts you have had transplanted. Not sure why, you appear to have straight rows of transplanted grafts. Normally a good transplant surgeon would work with a random swirl.

Anne Kremer, MD
London Otolaryngologist