FUE recipient feels raised almost like it's scar tissue and it's very shiny in the light. 1 month post op. (Photo)

Please could you take a look at the attached pictures, Im 1 month today post op, 2000 FUE, is this normal? if it is can you tell me what it is please, it looks really bumpy and feels raised almost like its scar tissue and its very shiny in the light. I'm getting concerned that this might be cobble-stoning? will this fade or is it permanent? and has anyone seen this before?

FUE recipient feels raised almost like it's scar tissue and it's very shiny in the light. 1 month post op

Thank you for posting your question. From looking at the photos, everything looks great. No need to be worries at this stage, since you just had the procedure 4 weeks ago. It is normal to have raised skin, dimpling and redness of the scalp. Within time, it will get better. It can last from few weeks to few months. From judging the photos, you have recovered really nice, it's only going to get better. Hope this helps. 

Pasadena Hair Restoration Surgeon

Concerns over recipient area 1 mo after FUE surgery

transplantguy99,

I understand that you are feeling worried 4 weeks after your FUE procedure. Indeed, this is the difficult period where the transplanted grafts are shed and all you have is the recovering scalp with any initial inflammation from surgery very visible as the native hair may have thinned further. Please try to relax, because it takes 4-8 months after surgery for the transplant to grow. If you have a lot of concern call your surgeon, so he can examine you and take care of any sequela. 

Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Problems 1 months after FUE

The photos do not do justice to what you are describing in the text above. IF you are concerned, go back to see your doctor.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

It is hard to really examine a person with photos. It is best to follow up with your doctor

It is hard to really examine a person with photos. It is best to follow up with your doctor with your issues and concerns.  Since it has only been one month it may be a normal part of healing (or it may not be).

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon