Folliculitis? Cobblestoning? Or just skin irritation? (Photo)

Hello, I'm gettng very concerned I'm 3 weeks post op and the recipiant area is still red and looks bumpy. Please take a look at my pictures to see what I'm talking about. My clinic has told me that its just irritation and they are sending me a soultion to wash my hair with that will reduce the redness but I'm not convinced, they haven't told me what the solution is made up of. I would be most grateful if another Dr on here could please take a look and tell me thier opinion, many thanks

Cobblestoning and redness

Based on your pictures, you have good progress for 3 weeks out.  Expecct the follicles to begin shedding.  Use an organic conditione to keep them hydrated.  

Massage the area 2-3 weekly during shampooing to improve the cobblestoning, it will continue to imrprove over the next few months. 

Good luck.

Beverly Hills Physician

Cobblestoning

Red and looks bumpy recipient area 3 weeks post operation is normal phenomena .Your look is good and have no problem on photos .Cobblestoning will heal in 2 months and redness be paler by time .

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Folliculitis? Cobblestoning? Or just skin irritation?

This photo suggests a diffuse scalp inflammation which may be caused by an infection. If you are minoxidil topical solution then I would stop it for now and wait to see if it clears. The fastest and easiest way to clear up scalp irritation is to ask your doctor for some oral antibiotics and anti-inflammation medications. This should clear this up within 7-10 days at the most.

William Woessner, MD
New Orleans Hair Restoration Surgeon

You scalp does look red and bumpy. It is not a typical result. It is best to follow your doctor's recommendations.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

NeoGraft

Thank you for your question. You are experiencing a normal reaction to NeoGraft. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cobblestoning in Hair Transplant

Cobble stoning is from improper graft placement and I cannot tell from photos if that is the problem. You should be reassessed by your hair transplant surgeon in person.

Brian Goertz, MD
Seattle Hair Restoration Surgeon

3 weeks after Hair Transplant

The photos do not show enough detail that reflects your concern. An examination is something that is critical to understand what is happening to you. Go back to your clinic. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon