Is it possible to fix my hairline. Would I need laser hair removal or hair transplant? (photos)

ever since i was a kid i have had this problem with my hairline. i didn't care about it much until now as i have turned 16 and is really frustrating me. my hairline is shaped like an n

Hairline At Age 16

Your hairline will change over the next few years.  This most probably is not a permanent hairline for you as usually it recedes to a higher position.  I'd recommend to not worry much at this point.

Irvine Hair Restoration Surgeon

Frustrating Hair Line

Hairline in young adults through a process that we call it maturation of hairline.  In this process a kiddy hairline with closed corners and lower location migrates to a higher position and minimally recede on the corners.  This recession is part of hairline maturation and should not be mistaken with patterned hair loss.  At this age, your hairline is not what you eventually will have.  If you are not sure about this process, you can see a hair specialist who can examine you in person and explore your condition further.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Unhappy with hairline

At age 17 your hairline is most likely still maturing and will continue to change along the sides and may recede slightly in the middle.   This is sometimes more problematic for women than men, but depends on the individual.  Some men experience early onset male pattern hair loss in their early 20's! Laser hair removal could be performed, but this is not commonly performed for this indication.   Some metabolic (medical) conditions can also affect hair growth (or hair loss) pattern; so some basic blood work (lab tests) may be indicated.  In-person consultation with your primary doctor and/or local ISHR hair specialist would be a good start!

At 16, wants to change hairline

You are too young to start concerning yourself with a surgical correction of your hairline. I would suggest that you wait until you are older and know for sure that you will not be balding. That is about the age of 30. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Everybody has a different hair line.

Everybody has a different hair line.  If you are bothered by it see a doctor.  A doctor usually needs to examine a patient, diagnose a problem, then needs to understand the goals and expectations of a patient before giving them options or treatment plan.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair line problem what is the cause for #hairline receding and is #hairtransplant an option?

At this age you are still experiencing changes in your hair line .  You need to be evaluated by a hair restoration specialist to find the cause for your receding hairline.  If there is family history of genetic hair loss, this change will continue.  Hair that is genetically susceptible to Androgenic Alopecia starts to shrink in its shaft diameter and it will eventually disappear.   At this point, It is important to wait until cause of your receding hair line is established so that the right medical treatment is recommended. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon