Fillers or some sort of 'special/custom' chin implant? (Photos)

I think my lack of chin size, particularly in terms of width, means that my lower cheeks are lacking support. I feel as though I need projection, but NOT in the area where chin implants typically project which is the bottom of the chin. I lack projection higher up. I also lack WIDTH and height at the 'corners' of the chin. Like it tapers in too sharply. I'm wondering if fillers would be a good option or whether there are special implants on the market which could achieve the desired result.

Chin Concern

Hi subterfudge,

Based from your photos and your indicated concern, fillers or fat transfer will be your best option. Implants will not adress your concern as implants, even custom-made ones, are more suited for increasing the length and forward projection of the chin.

Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do you need a chin implant?

Without an exam your question cannot be answered.  You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision: Candidates for Chin Augmentation - Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation

Fillers or some sort of special/ custom chin implant?

Fillers are only temporary will have to be repeated quite often. Chin implants are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes and they can also be custom carved when necessary to meet patient's unique anatomy. Rarely do they ever have to be custom carved however.  In our practice for over 25 years, we have used Implant tech silastic chin implants. For more information, diagrams of the implants, and many before and after examples  of chin implants, please see the link and the video below