Fillers/fat transfer/saline - facial volume.

I am interested in replacing volume less but have never had fillers and would ideally like to not have them - however as fat is permanent, is it possible to trial 'preview' the look with saline first to make sure I will like the extra volume in fat transfer areas? Or will this not be that accurate? I just hate the thought of fillers in my face and feel that fat transfer looks more natural - but am worried if it isn't right i will be stuck with it

I think that your suggestion is a reasonable one but the results may not be highly accurate since the amount and percentage of fat survival varies from patient to patient and the injected saline will almost immediately begin to dissipate once injected.  If you are uncertain about fat transfer then consider either trying the saline injection, or better yet, have Juvederm injected one time, live with it for 8-9 months and then decide if you'd prefer fat.  Good luck and best wishes,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca