How would filler feel if it had migrated to jowl?

Had Botox in neck and face 2 weeks ago along with lip augmentation. What could the swelling be? Right jowl is swollen.

Swelling after Botox and filler

Thank you for your question southhouse1. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. With any injection there is a risk of swelling in the area and surrounding areas. The areas around the jowl include the lips and upper neck so it is possible that an injection in either of these areas can lead to swelling in the jowls. I recommend that my patients apply cold compresses to reduce swelling. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Jowl swelling

Jowl swelling may be related to the lip injections. If concerned, see your injector.  Good luck............

You might not be able to tell by feel.

This is much more a visual feel.  In fact, if you can't see it-don't worry about it.  However, if you can see it, it needs to be backed out with enzyme.  Yes fillers can migrate.

Lip injections and jowl asymmetry

I am sorry to hear about your discomfort.  It would be extremely unlikely for filler lip injections to migrate to the jowl.  I can only assume you didn’t have any Botox injections in the same area which if injected asymmetrically into the masseters could cause an asymmetrical appearance of the jowls.  I can’t offer much more without seeing and palpating the area so you should go back to your injector or an aesthetic specialist physician for evaluation.  Thanks

Dr. Berdy

Jack Berdy, MD
New York Physician

Swollen jowl?

Thank you for sharing your problem. If you only had filler injected into the lips, it would not migrate to the jowls. Misplaced Botox could create more jowl. See an expert injector in person for better evaluation.  Good luck,