Eye brows surgery; the hair fail off? (Photo)

Hi my hair around the scar fail off. My question is gonna grow again ? WY this happen. And how long would take to start grow again ? Is any thing I could take to speed up the hair growing. I had surgery 7 weeks a go

Hair loss with browlift

Sometimes inflammation can cause the hair to fall out.  As long as the follicles were not damaged it will grow back.  IN the top of the head there is usually very little tension on the wound, so the hair usually looks fine after.  Might want to try and stimulate growth with some Rogaine. 

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Incisions in the scalp

It is not uncommon for incisions in the scalp to cause hairs to go into a state of "shock".  What that means is that the follicular growth arrests, and after a few weeks, it goes into a shedding stage.  It often can take 2-3 months for the hair to start growing again.  This is all true provided the follicles weren't damaged during the surgery.  I suggest you discuss this with your operating surgeon as they know what technique and how the incisions were beveled during your surgery.  Give it a little of time! Provided everything was done well, it will come back.  You can do some different supplements to help speed hair growth, but it'd be best to clear anything by your doc before starting it.  Best of luck! 

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon