What's the best way to remove eye bags and dark circles?

Im 19, Male from the UK. I have bags and dark circles under my eyes that are completely ruining my life, I'm scared to leave the house, I can barely look my girlfriend in the face because I hate her seeing it, What I want/need to know is, is there a way for me to completely get rid of them? is there a place that is willing and capable of doing this for me? i'm so scared, I hate the way it makes me look :(

Filler

I WOULD TRY FILLERS BEFORE GOING IN AND DOING SURGERY , THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FAT TRANSFER AND FILLERS ARE FILLER ARE LESS INVASIVE AND CAN LAST 6-9 MONTHS SOMETIMES UP TO A YEAR DEPENDING ON WHICH ONES. FAT TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY SURGICALLY DONE WITH LIPO AND TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER AREA OF THE BODY. A FAT TRANSFER CAN ALSO BE DONE THROUGH A LOCAL AFTER SURGERY FOR A REPEAT FAT INJECTION. FAT INJECTIONS OR TRANSFERS ARE USUALLY MORE PERMANENT. THIS IS SOMETHING THAT YOU MAY WANT TO SPEAK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT IN A CONSULTATION AND SEE WHAT YOUR OPTIONS ARE.

What causes dark circles under the eyes?

Dear Ryan from Texas,

I understand your concerns. The eye region is a critical part of the face for communicating with others. When we have dark circles there, it can make us appear tired, sick, older and sometimes as if we've had too much to drink.

There are a number of different causes for dark circles under the eyes. I'll include a link in the web reference below.

There are are options to help these causes and I suggest you seek out a specialist in your area who can help.

I hope this was helpful. 

Adam Scheiner, MD
Tampa Oculoplastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your question. Without evaluating you in person or through photos, it is not possible to give you guidance. There are several methods to improve your condition. See an experienced Oculoplastic Surgeon for detailed analysis of your condition.
Good luck, 

Eye bags dark circles

It depends on the cause of the eye bags/dark circles. If it from hollowness (lack of volume), then placing a filler will greatly improve the dark shadows. If it is from fat pooching out (fat pseudoherniation of the lower eyelid), then lower eyelid surgery can be used to move the fat into the hollow and/or conservatively remove the fat. Make sure to see a surgeon specialized in surgical & nonsurgical options to get the best evaluation & treatment. Good luck. Best, Dr H 

Sanaz Harirchian, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

fillers, lasers, microneedling/PRP, skin care can all give improvement to this area.  Best, Dr. Emer.

There are many solutions, depending on the exact problem and desired goals. If there is excess under eye bags, then lower blepharoplasty is best option (see link below). If there is more hollowness, then filler injection is usually ideal (see video below). Other options include fat injection and tear trough implant. See an oculoplastic specialist.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Hello RyanOfficel1996,

There are several treatments for eye bags.  A lot of it depends on what is causing the problem.  What most people see is a dark shadow between the lower eyelid and the nose/cheek.  When this is caused by hollowness in the area then the best treatment is the use of fillers.  When it is caused by a promienet lower eyelid fat (that everyone has but in some people it pushes forward more) then either removal of the fat or camoflauging it with fillers can be used.  When the skin is discolored because of allergies (vascular congestion) then treatment for allergies, using lasers to help remove the color, or applying make up can help.  I'd recommend you consult with a facial palstic surgeon, plastic surgeon, or oculoplastic surgeon to evaluate you and determine what is the best treatment.  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon