A surgeon recommended doing a modified BBL with a full Tummy Tuck. Is this good advice? (photo)

I want a tummy tuck and fat transfer from my upper and lower stomach and upper and lower flanks transferred to my buttocks. my main area of concern is my belly area and i want more of a nice shaped bum as i do have nice hips. I think i have found a place I like and are responsible priced. The surgeon said i should get A modified BBL is where more is transferred to the sides and hips. So that with a full TT. Modified BBL wont be done alone. IS this good advice ? thanks

Is this good advice?

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions and pictures.

According with your pictures you would be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck, also you would be good with a BBL, But the more recommended would be performing these procedures separately, this is because your recovery would be more difficult

The most recommended would be an assessment in person with your surgeon certified plastic and there  determine what would be your objectives and procedure you would like to be in the first round.

Hope to hear from you soon, best wishes!!

A surgeon recommended doing a modified BBL with a full Tummy Tuck. Is this good advice?

if you combined the procedures on the same day, you should not have lipo of the abdomen. That would reduce the total amount of transfer.

Seek a plastic surgeon that performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Combined Procedures Can Improve Results

Additional procedures that may enhance the result are Liposuction, Breast Procedures, or Thigh Lift. Mommy makeovers usually include multiple operations.  Brazilian “butt enhancement” can be done at the same time to provide best body contours. Arm reduction or brachiaplasty is also common.

Additionally, completing these procedures together can help reduce cost, procedure time and healing time. If you have further questions you should schedule additional consultations and compare the advice you receive from different board certified plastic surgeons. Good luck.

BBL and a Tummy Tuck

Hello, thanks for your pictures and for your inquiry. Those procedures are going to give you a very nice outcome, you should know that the recovery could be very hard with these two procedures performed in one single stage. You will need to lay in your sides most of the times, and you would need a boppy pillow (donut pillow) in order to lay in  your back without putting pressure in your buttocks.

Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey! 

Respectfully, 

Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Combined procedures

Thank you for your question and helpful photos. I happen to agree with Dr. Mosher. Recovery from a TT procedure requires for you to be on your back to relieve pressure placed on your rectus muscle plication and skin closure. This position will undoubtedly affect your BBL results. Another important issue is time under general anesthesia. Your risks and complications increase dramatically when time under anesthesia exceeds 6hrs. Please consider having your BBL before the TT for best overall results and above all safety.

Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Buttock augmentation at the time of an abdominoplasty is possible but not ideal

Your shape appears to be ideal for these two procedures. However,  for optimal recovery from a tummy tuck you will need to spend more time on your back with your hips flexed. The additional pressure on your upper buttocks could compromise the fat transfer to the area. a preferred option would be to do optimal liposuction of her waist, lateral hips, bra line and abdomen with transfer of the fat to your buttock. This would be followed 6 weeks or more later by your tummy tuck. The sequence can be reversed for some patients as well. Thinking about your recovery when combining procedures is very important.

Regards,

Dr. Mosher

Mathew C. Mosher, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Modified bbl and tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question . I think that makes perfect sense. Obviously an examination would help solidify my statement but from reviewing your photos I agree with your plastic surgeon . 

Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon