Why no exercise at all after bbl?

After bbl is it acceptable to go for even a light walk each day? Like a 20 minute stroll outside? Or will this damage the fat? I am confused about why very light cardio isn't allowed - i cant seem to find an answer except that it isnt allowed but walking is encouraged after surgery? Confuuuuuused.com

Walking is encouraged after getting a Brazilian butt lift

I encourage my patients to get up and walk around in the afternoon of their surgeries. This encourages your blood to pump from your legs and helps to minimize the chance of developing blood clots in the legs after surgery. Regular walking should continue throughout the postoperative course, just keep pressure off the buttocks by avoiding sitting. More vigorous activity in the early postoperative period caries the potential risk of raising your blood pressure to cause bleeding.  Theoretically, moving the buttocks a lot by running could cause pressure on or shift the injected fat fat in the buttocks and cause a decrease in the fat survival. You should discuss with your plastic surgeon when you can resume more vigorous exercise since each surgeon has his or her own preference.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Exercise After Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL)

In my practice, my patients are walking immediately after surgery to reduce the risk of blood clots. Of course with assistance the first 24 hours, but thereafter I recommend daily walks of 30 minutes--up to 60 minutes if they are up to it. This has never compromised any of my patients' results. In terms of exercise, they can slowly return to cardio after 6 weeks but should not lose any weight for the first 3 months while the fat settles in. Also, no pressure on the buttocks for a minimum of six weeks avoids killing the fat and creating a flattened appearance. Nobody wants a bigger, flat butt. 

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Exercise after BBL

Thank you for your question. The first few days you will need to get up and walk around with assistance at least every 2 hours even if it is just. Once you are 3 weeks post op you can start aerobic activities. This is to avoid bleeding, bruising, and swelling. Do not resume strenuous exercise for 4 to 6 weeks. Your doctor will give you clearance to increase your activities according to the progress of your recovery. If you have any concerns or questions contact your board certified plastic surgeon. 

Hope this helps,

Dr. Newall

German Newall, MD