Can I get DST double eyelid surgery after having had incisional blepharoplasty?

I underwent incisional double eyelid surgery 4 months ago, I already had double eyelid folds however they were quite low and there was some slight asymmetry. My surgeon took an extremely conservative approach and now that the swelling has completely subsided, my crease may have only been raised 1mm or less. My surgeon is not keen to remove any further skin however and I am not keen to undergo another incisional blepharoplasty, would the DST technique be suitable for me to raise my crease further?

Revisional Double Eyelid Surgery

Hi there. Greetings from the UK. In short, yes you can go for a DST procedure. However like all DST procedures although the swelling would be minimal it is much less likely to be permanent with less controllability in comparison to an incisional technique. Personally I'd opt for a revisional incisional technique going for a higher crease with ablation of the lower natural creases and your suboptimal surgical crease. If skin fold length is an issue though, a DST may be slightly safer as there'd be less associated risk of further skin tension, but you'd still have multiple creases over the pretarsal platform which can look a bit messy. Best Wishes David

Birmingham Oculoplastic Surgeon

Unfortunately DST will not resolve your issues.

You have upper eyelid ptosis and in addition, the platform skin and muscle was not well controlled by your prior surgery.  This will require an open surgery to repair.  You need a microptosis repair and and anchor blepharoplasty to control the eyelid platform skin.  A detailed consultation will determine if you have a levator dehiscence in the eyelids which should also be repaired.  This work can be done without hollowing your upper eyelid.