My doctor injected filler into a blood vessel in my lip. Is this bad practice?

I had my filler topped up and my lips were extremely painful,when I contacted my doctor I was told this was normal. I sent a photo a few days after the treatment and was told to return because it looked like they had injected a blood vessel.I returned to my doctor and they removed all the filler. I am left with painful cuts and no filler in my lips. I have paid my doctor twice for the original lip filler treatment and again for the top up. The doctor has offered to correct my lips free of charge

Hi Daphne, injectors are taught to aspirate when they inject fillers, this prevents fillers from being injected into blood vessels. It is normal to hit a blood vessel as they cannot be seen but aspirating prevents the filler from getting injected there. I would suggest going to a different provider, someone with more experience with fillers. You can ask your provider what level they are with Galderma (if you got Restylane family fillers) or Allergan (if you got Juvederm family fillers). The higher the level the more experienced your provider is likely to be. Highest level with Allergan is called Black Diamond and highest level with Galderma is called Presidential Champion.

Columbus Physician