Does this breast aug look normal to you? (photos)

I had an uplift and 450cc implant under the muscle 3 weeks ago. Ever since then i believe my right breast looks oddly shaped, However when i speak to my surgeon he says this is part of the healing process and my breast looking the way it is completely normal. I honestly dont believe that. He has also said because its in its healing process and still swollen once its healed it will look normal. Is this true? as i believe they look hedious n unevenly shaped

Does this breast aug look normal to you?

You are still very early in the healing process, and are sure to see many changes over the next few months. Having said this, however, I have to wonder how many donut mastopexies will have to be done before the word gets out that this is a generally poor operation with a great many unfortunate outcomes. The donut or periareolar mastopexy is easy to sell to patients, who are led to believe they are getting a breast lift with very limited scarring. What they are really getting, however, is a poor lift, areolar distortion, a flattened breast and a need for many revisions. I recommend you follow up with your surgeon and make sure you get the result you are looking for. All the best.

Thank you for your question, photos, and thorough description. It is normal for your breasts to sit oddly and feel stiff for the first few weeks after surgery. If you are concerned, you can speak to your plastic surgeon for more information. An in-person assessment is always best. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Asymmetry is common at the beginning

Thanks for your question and the photos. I agree that things look different. It is impossible to say what the reason for the asymmetry is without an exam. Your surgeon hopefully can see you and explain. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Breast augmentation

It is true, your breast will continue to change for the next three months. I agree they do not look normal but for being this early after the breast lift and augmentation they will get better. I think the better answer would have been to tell you that is normal for them to look different and to look odd at this point. However, they will not stay like this and I would be patient I think they will get to the point where you like them.Good luck!

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Oddly shaped

you for the question. You are still in
the post operation recovery stage. It is
not uncommon to have asymmetrical healing during this
period. It usually takes about 8-12
weeks for the wounds to heal and around 4-6 months for the implants to fully
settle. If your board-certified plastic surgeon says it is okay, best to trust his decision. Best of luck. Dr. Michael
in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess
your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

3 weeks post op implants with lift

Your pictures are a little dark so it is somewhat difficult to see the contours of your breasts. It is true that breast shape changes quite a bit during the healing process. It can be really difficult to watch and wait to see how things will settle. It appears that one breast is larger than the other and that can be quite normal. But you want to watch for things like hardening of the breast, swelling that is increasing this far from surgery, or pain in the larger breast. I have seen breasts look quite square in shape for several weeks that round out nicely as the implants settle. So it is too early to tell if your are having a problem or if your shape will round out as you hope. 
Breast massage is probably the best thing you can do right now. There are videos that can show you how to do this if your surgeon's office hasn't given you instructions. You want to massage several times a day. I also tell my patients that taking vitamin E can help in the healing process.
Continue to communicate with your surgeon. S/he want you to be happy and healthy and should be able to guide you through your breast changes.

Good Luck!

J. Dayne Petersen, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon