What is the difference between vitrase and hyaluronidase 1500iu in their ability to dissolve filler without adverse effects?

I would like to know the difference between the two and their affect on dissolving HA fillers. I read Vitrase is 200 iu/ml whilst hyaluronidase 1500 iu is 1500 iu/ ml does that mean they have different concentration and strength? Which is more adequate in your practice in dissolving fillers without dissolving native HA? Which one or brand do you use? Thanks

Hyaluronidase, Wydase, Vitrase, Hylenex

Vitrase is a brand of hyaluronidase, just as Wydase is.  Generic hyaluronidase is commonly used and would only carry the name hyaluronidase.  These are all made with bovine (cow) derived hyaluronidase.  Because of that, there is a small risk of the patient being allergic.  Hylenex is made from hamsters genetically modified to produce human hyaluronidase and therefore carries a lower risk of allergy. Because it comes from a hamster, it still can cause an allergy in some patients, but it is a lower risk.  The overall risk of allergy is still small regardless of which product you use.  All of the products will do a fine job of dissolving hyaluronic acid (Juvederm/Restylane/others)

Dr. A

Austin, TX

Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon