Will taking daily aspirin 8 weeks after a hair transplant have any bearing on overall results?

Hi there, I had my hair transplant on the 6th July and was wondering whether I'm okay to take daily aspirin (for an unrealted matter) of up to 300mg a day without affecting my final hair transplant results? Are there any medications/foods that I should still avoid at this stage? Many thanks

You need to discuss treatment and medication use with your doctor. There is no rule to say taking aspirin would be bad for your

You need to discuss treatment and medication use with your doctor.  There is no rule to say taking aspirin would be bad for your transplanted grafts.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Aspirin

After 8 weeks you are fine.  If you are reading this BEFORE your hair transplant - the answer is different!  Avoid Aspirin at least a week before the surgery to reduce bleeding during the procedure.Good luck!

Sara Wasserbauer, MD
Walnut Creek Hair Restoration Surgeon

ASA after a hair transplant

Aspirin will have no impact on a hair transplant at all. Many of my patients take one baby Aspirin a day for heart health

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Will taking daily aspirin 8 weeks after a hair transplant affect the result of a hair transplant?

rayman123,Thank you  for your question. The key is that it is 8 weeks after a hair transplant! We often perform augmented hair transplants which combine the artistic hair restoration techniques with cell therapy to go beyond the benefit of what is transplanted. We are often seeing a very positive improvement in areas that are miniaturizing, leaving the area prone to have progressive hair loss but because of donor constraints we are not able to cover. This permits the coverage of a larger area, and possibly the increase density beyond what may be possible in the procedure. In these augmented hair tranplsnts it is critical that patients avoid aspirin for three days post surgery. But since you are 8 weeks post surgery there is no contra-indication at this time to taking aspirin unless you have medical ones like peptic ulcer disease, etc...
Sincerely,
Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Any restrictions on aspirin/medications/food 8 weeks after hair transplant?

Hi, rayman —My first thought was, why wouldn't you ask your surgeon this question? But no, there is no reason you couldn't resume taking aspirin at this point, nor are there any restrictions on your diet. There are a handful of drugs which can cause hair loss, but this is something you should discuss with your surgeon.

Jonathan Ballon, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon