What can I do about my crows feet and under eyes? (Photo)

So I really hate how my eyes look these days. My crows feet are so bad and go down my cheeks and I've noticed I've lost a lot of volume under my eyes. I had botox in y crows feet years ago but everyone said I looked weird and too frozen. I'm turning 30 soon and would like to find a way to refresh them and look younger. Someone recommended a derma pen treatment but I'm worried it wont give me the results I'm after. Looking at my photos what can you suggest? Thanks x

Botox for Crows Feet

You are an excellent candidate for Botox. Botox works by blocking the signals from the nerves to the muscles. The injected muscles can no longer contract, which causes the wrinkles to relax and soften. It is most often used on forehead lines, crow's feet and frown lines. Botox lasts 3-4 months. To determine the best treatment plan for you I suggest an in person consultation

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Crows feet and eyelid skin

I think you might be exaggerating the problem.  In the photos you posted your are animating.  These lines are hard/impossible to get rid of.  You can put in filler to add volume under your eyes.  When it comes to the skin a derma pen might help - there would not be down side  to trying that.  The best peel to tighten the skin is a croton oil peel which can be done in the office with local anesthesia.

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Options for crows feet

At our practice, we would conduct a consult to review your wants, and expectations.  There are a few options out there for laser skin resurfacing procedures that would work, or we have found the new Restylane SILK is addressing many of these issues, if you choose to stick to an injection.

Crows feet line treatment

Thanks for your question.For your active wrinkles the best treatment would be botox or dysport and for static wrinkles I suggest non ablative like clear lift laser.

Reza Akef, MD
Toronto Physician

DrC

This is a great question. The doctors below are exactly correct. Something I would add that is for very fine lines resurfacing techniques such as laser and chemical peels are nice. These work well for the very fine lines of the eyelid skin. This is the thinnest skin in the body so it is a sensitive area to treat. The results of fractional ablative lasers can be impressive. 

Dr.C

Benjamin Caughlin, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pelleve wrinkle wand will help your crows feet

Hello, this is an excellent question and one that I get repeatedly. Pelleve is a revolutionary treatment for exactly your issue. Up to three treatments may be required but you will get immediate results after the first treatment which will likely be all that you need based on the photos that you have published. We perform this radiofrequency treatment on crow's feet at least three times daily in my practice. This should be one of the absolute first modalities you should try in your quest to address this problem area. Get in touch with us in Allen, Texas.

Sherryl Shipes, DO
Plano Family Physician

Botox for crow's feet

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos. You are an excellent candidate for a neuromodulator such as Botox to soften your "crow's feet" lines. Botox injections are safe and effective in this area, and results typically last 3-4 months. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Holistic Approach to Crows Feet and Under Eyes

Dear Nlondon:

Looking at your photos, your crows feet can been nicely softened without appearing frozen with Botox by an expert injector and your under eye areas can treated with fillers to your tear troughs with Teosyal Redensity II, chemical peels to soften up the fine lines under the yes along with maintenance use of topical retinols.  Best wishes.