Crooked Nose Post Surgery.

It's been nearly three months to my rhinoplasty and very recently I've started noticing my nose is looking crooked. This is more visible in pictures than in person. It also appears to be a little longer than before. I'm miles away from my surgeon and extremely stressed! Could this just be swelling? Is my nose going to look this crooked forever?

Crooked nose post nasal surgery

Full healing after a rhinoplasty procedure takes one year, so  without a set of pictures, it's very difficult to comment on your  nose. There are many components of the nose that can create a crooked nose such as twisted nasal bones, a concave upper lateral cartilage in the midportion and asymmetrical nasal tip cartilages. A Rhinoplasty procedure is customized according to what the goals are to straighten the nose and make it look more symmetrical. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below 

Crooked Nose Post Surgery

Without photos or seeing you, I can only hazard a guess but what you are describing could very easily be due to swelling. It can take up to a year for the swelling in your nose to fully subside and for your final results. I know that it is frustrating, but, for now, be patient. If at 6 months post op, you are still unhappy then schedule an appointment with your surgeon.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon