How much would it cost to have a clitoral hood and labia minora reduction? (Photo)

I'm moving to America soon to live with my partner, he's very far off and would like to do this for my confidence. I'm very serious about getting this done so please be honest how bad is it etc Thank You

Fees and total costs vary widely

and its really scary sometimes when you look at anything over $5000 for something that could be done in the privacy of your surgeon's office for much less than that.  For both a hood and minora reduction, it would be less than $3000.  Why so much less?  Because the procedure takes about 1.5 hours to do and is done in the office under local.  I'm also 2.5 hours north of Sacramento, CA so I'm not easy to get to.  Its a service we provide to those willing to travel.  But when doing so, follow-up is much more challenging.

About $5000

And it will be worth every single penny to have it done the right way. If you go to your local GYN they will do it for half that while you're wide awake. Be very selective and be willing to travel to have it done right. Look at the Q&A on here for about 5 minutes and you will see botched after botched trim labiaplasties sewn up like baseballs.

The cost of clitoral hood contouring and labiaplasty

Price shopping is not the ideal way to pick a surgeon. Look for quality results, but take the following advice:

First, ask if there is a consultation fee. If so, ask if the fee will be credited toward the surgery if you decide to go ahead.

Second, ask if your medical insurance will cover any related charges such as bloodwork testing, prescriptions, etc. In some cases, where medically indicated pelvic floor reconstruction is found to be necessary, the insurance might even cover the cost of surgery - don't get too excited, these situations are exceptions, but it never hurts to ask.

Third, ask if there is a facility fee. This is the cost of "renting" the operating room for your surgery. If the surgeon conducts the procedure in-house, the facility fee will be lower or absent. Don't forget to ask what the facility fee does and does not include (e.g. nursing, anesthesia, recovery). Ask if the cost is independent of the duration of the surgery or whether it's on the meter like a taxi (by the hour, by the 15 min block, etc).

Fourth, ask if there is a charge for anesthesia. These procedures are conducted via local, IV sedation, or general depending on the circumstances. Local is cheap, but not always an option. General is usually most expensive and not always required. Ask if the cost is independent of the duration of the surgery.

Fifth, ask if there will be a surgical assistant fee. This may be another surgeon, or a professional scrub tech.

The only thing left is the surgeon's fee. Of course, quality doesn't come cheap, but if you've done your homework on steps 1 through 5, you'll make the best use of your resources.

In my practice, I use a global fee that covers everything except the anesthesiologist.

Other considerations:

Don't forget to ask if there is a charge for followup visits to monitor your healing. Few if any surgeons would charge for this service, but if you don't ask...

Also, ask about your surgeon's touchup policy. If he/she does touchups that require a steep facility fee, you might get stuck the bill even if they don''t charge a surgical fee.

How much would it cost to have a clitoral hood and labia minora reduction?

Thank you for your question. The price of labiaplasty varies depending on the amount of work being done. Please speak with an expert surgeon about desires and costs. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Albany NY Labiaplasty expert says you are a candidate!

You have a combination of excess clitoral hood and labia minora skin and would benefit from a double wedge resection for treating both while providing you with a natural appearing result.  Choose your board certified plastic surgeon with care and then save or finance to affordable do your procedure which takes about 2-3 hours.  The total cost ranges from $6-9000 but I urge you to evaluate your doctors' before and after photos and don't go cheap! Instead choose a plastic surgeon who you trust will give you the result that you want.

Steven Yarinsky, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty

I recommend that you book a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon in your area. They will examine you, discuss what you would like to change and surgical options for you, as well as provide pricing. Costs for Surgical procedures vary between practices and locations. You may be able to find prices listed on the websites of the Plastic Surgeons you are interested in. Many practices will have payment plans to help you financially.

All the best