Did complete hair grafts for eyebrow restoration fall out? Sixth day post-op (Photo)

On sixth day post-op, I followed my morning regimen of lathering shampoo and soaking on my eyebrows for 5 min. The night before, I applied a layer of aloe vera gel to expedite the process of scab and crust fall off (I have naturally very oily skin). Once the lather was rinsed off, several of my scabs became quite loose. When gently probed with the tip of a tweezer (no picking), they fell off with the hair. No pain or blood. Was the "living seed" of the graft taken out with the hair?

It may be just normal tissue and scabbing mixed with dried up grafts that did not take. If you are concerned contact your docto

It may be just normal tissue and scabbing mixed with dried up grafts that did not take. If you are concerned contact your doctor.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Post operative brow trasplant

Congrats on your procedure.  Based on the picture you showed, 3 of the grafts show normal behavior with shedding post operatively.  One of the grafts (2nd from the right), appears to be a dead follicular unit that did not take post procedure.  

Overall, as expected progress.  Continue to care for the area with intermittent massaging of the area (with clean hands, preferably in the shower) for 2-3 months until you see growth. 

Baubac Hayatdavoudi, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Graft Shedding

This is a normal phenomenon and should not be very concerning.  Growth should start generally about 3-4 months after a transplant.

Amir Yazdan, MD
Irvine Hair Restoration Surgeon

Scabs falling out one week after eyebrow surgery

alcasaros,

Relax, this appears to be normal hair shaft and scab. The dermal papilla is embedded in the scalp. The transplanted hairs will resume growth in a few months usually between 4-8 months. The difficult time is in this period while you wait for the transplant to grow in. 

Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon