Please help me to choose size for memory shape Mentor tear drop implants. (photos)

Anatomical tear drop mentor memory shape My size is 34A and i would like to achieve 34DD I have been to see sergeant but left with so many questions what size to choose he offered me to have 315cc and put some natural fat as well to make it more bigger, but as more pic i look 315cc seems so small:( please could you advise me what size should i go for, my measurement are 12" and 13"

Choosing a size.

Thanks for your question and for sharing your photos. I think the 315 is a good choice because it has a diameter of 12.5 cm and is very close to your natural measurements. A bigger shape breast implant with a 12.5 cm base is another option and Mentor offers a 375 cc MM+ and a 440 MH. These two options are not as natural looking because they have more projection than tge 315 MM shape. Additionally, bigger volume does not look as natural. If you want a DD for your small frame you should also consider a round device like a high profile breast implan which can also offer a breast width close to your measurements. You can see plenty of before and after photos of shape and round implants  in the link below. Best, Dr. Aldo

Using 3D Imaging for Breast Augmentation

Your concern about choosing the correct implant size is very common. It's a big decision and you want to feel confident in your final choice. I would suggest seeking out a surgeon who uses 3D Imaging for their breast augmentation consultations.  With our Vector 3D imaging machine, our patients are able to get a sense of how the surgery will transform their figure. The imaging machine produces a “before” model and an “after” model using the patients own body, and allows them to modify their “after” model to fit in with their desired results. This may give you a better idea of what size implant will fit your aesthetic wishes. Good luck!

Match your breast base diameter with the implant's measurements

Thanks for pic and question.  Do recall that "in person" evaluation always trumps remote advice. Preop, you have the advantage of tight skin brassiere, comparable volume and equivalent nipple position.  Choose a Memory Shape whose base diameter matches your hemithorax width, in centimeters, or possibly a slightly narrower one but if you are determined to get to a DD, consider using the MH profile, which will confer additional projection, without contributing to a "chunky" appearance. My Before/After "Mentor Breast Implant" link shows different volume MH devices, (555 & 620cc) approximately 4 months post-op. Ultimately, choose an implant which is proportionate to your height and weight.  

Lavinia K. Chong, MD

Please help me to choose size for memory shape Mentor tear drop implants.

• Thank you for the question. I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery, assuming you choose your plastic surgeon carefully and communicate your goals carefully as well. 

• These days there are a variety of breast implants available; the variety of breast implant available raise a lot of questions from women considering breast augmentation surgery. Personally, I think that for most patients considering breast augmentation surgery, careful selection of plastic surgeon and careful communication of goals, far outweigh the specific type of breast implant utilized (when it comes to the success of the breast augmentation procedure).

• Anatomical breast implants were designed to better simulate the natural breast shape; the problem with these implants is that if they shift or rotate, the entire breast will change shape as well. This change in breast shape may require further surgery to correct. Round implants, under the hand, can shift or rotate without changing the shape of the breasts. Overall, I find that beautiful outcomes can be achieved with the use of round saline or silicone gel breast implants for the vast majority of patients.
  • Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
  • 1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
  • 2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
  • In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “very natural” or "DD cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
  • Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
  • 3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
  • I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with. 

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you  is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon