Do I need a chin implant medium size ? What else is possible? (Photo)

I am 55 years old female , 5 month only after smas , platizma and chin lipo . It was a bit dissapointment considering all pain I been through , result is very poor . Double chin , my life long trouble is still with me ! Ore , my last hope it can be improved after 6 month when all puffness disappeared , which is unlikely ?

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than deciding if a tummy tuck or a mommy makeover is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that!
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!

chin implant candidate

for breast demonstrate a weak and  recessive mandible which requires a chin implant to augment. chin implants are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes, are composed of Silastic, and are usually placed through small incision underneath the chin under local anesthesia as an outpatient procedure. For many examples  and more information, please see the video and the link below

Do I Need a Medium Size Chin Implant?

I am surprised you did not have a chin implant placed during your facelift procedure. An implant would improve the appearance of the area under your chin, the anterior neck, and increase jawline definition. I suggest you wait for several months because it appears you still have a significant amount of swelling. During the operation various templates can be temporarily placed to selecting the best size.

CHIN AUGMENTATION CANDIDATE

Dear Sorokina, If I were your surgeon I would have performed chin augmentation at the same time as the facial rejuvenation. The lack of projection adds to the appearance of a double chin. You can have this performed after your swelling has dissipated. You still seem very swollen for five months post surgery so you may need to wait some time. In the video above you can see a patient in the very early stages of recovery from total facial rejuvenation with a chin implant. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Chin implant

I think a medium sized implant is too small, You probably need a large (or extra large), extended, anatomic implant, to make a significant improvement.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Chin

I think your jaw is two small to just have genioplasty.  I recommend jaw advancement procedure. The aesthetics will be better in this case. 

Majid Jamali, DMD
New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Do I need a chin implant medium size ? What else is possible?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak as are the cheeks anteriorly (in the front) and the posterior (back) section of the jaw line.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.
Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.
Similarly, the back section of the jaw line can be augmented using a dermal filler.

Hope this helps.