Do I need a chin implant if my face is long 22 cm? (Photo)

Hello ! I am six month after smas platizma , chin lipo . I look better now , but still ? Do I need an implant ore because of my big and long face 22 cm it can make me look older than in photo ? I am not so sure yet ? Is it possible revision cervical ridiactomia ore filler to get rid of wobbly jaw line ? I don't want massive job again ? Ore can it be still result of swollen face ?

Candidate for a Chin Augmenatation

Without an exam your question cannot be answered. However, your photos are helpful and you are probably a good candidate for a Chin Augmentation. You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision: Candidates for Chin Augmentation - Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation

Chin Augmentation

Your chin is clearly very short and it would be an enhancement to your facial appearance if it had some horizontal augmentation. It would also help out your neck. Ideally it should be done by a sliding genioplasty but improvement cold also be obtained by a chin implant.

Chin implant after facelift

Dear Sorokina, It is difficult to determine what is swelling via photographs alone or if you have any fluid collection under the chin and neck area or just a weak chin. This concern should have been addressed at the same time of your facelift so that you would be healed already and have a nicely defined neck and jawline without having to undergo another procedure. I would speak with your surgeon regarding your concerns. See an example in the video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Do I need a chin implant if my face is long?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.