Cheek volumising - do you know much about this product?

Hi Doctor's Do any of you know much about this product? 

Doctor Answers 9


I would not recommend using belotero for your cheeks. There are better fillers out there for this purpose like, voluma and radiesse.

Bellevue Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 24 reviews

Is Belotero good for adding volume to cheeks?

Thank you for sharing your question. There are numerous products for adding volume to the cheeks, but Belotero is not one of them. An experienced injector should have many products available in order to tailor the treatment to each  patient's needs. See an expert in person for advice.
Good luck,

James R. Gordon, MD, FACS, FAAO
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 144 reviews

Belotero not appropriate to restore cheek volume

Belotero is designed to fill fine lines and wrinkles, not for volumizing larger facial areas (like the cheeks). Fillers such as Voluma, Restylane Lyft, Sculptra and Radiesse are all great cheek volumizing fillers when administered correctly by a skilled provider.

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 34 reviews

Radiesse and Sculptra for the cheeks - Williamsville, NY

Thank you for your Q.

Belotero is not the preferred product for volumizing the cheeks.

I prefer Sculptra with Radiesse for this area.

Dr Karamanoukian

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo Phlebologist
4.8 out of 5 stars 41 reviews

Cheek Volumizing

Belotero is a fine wrinkle filler.  If you are looking to add volume to your cheeks you should consider Voluma, Restylane Lyft, or Sculptra.  Please consult an expert so that the correct product is used and not overfilled.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD
New York Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 78 reviews

Belotero and Uses -- Fine Lines, Lip Lines, Crepe Skin, Neck Wrinkles, Eye Hollows, Forehead Lines

There are many products that are good for cheeks such as voulma, radiesse, restylane lyft, bellafill.  Belotero is a soft product and best for fine lines and under eye.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 196 reviews

Belotero for superficial wrinkles

Belotero, this subheading on Realself is for superficial wrinkles such as fine lines of the lip and face
Fillers such as Juvederm Voluma, Sculptra, and Radiesse are used commonly for restoring facial volume lost with aging.

Keith Denkler, MD
Marin Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 19 reviews

Cheek Volumizing

Cheek Volumizing is one of the best ways to give yourself a liquid lift.  There are several products on the market that help achieve this. My two favorite are Voluma and Radiesse.  Voluma is an HA filler and can be reversed. It gives a nice smooth appearance.  I also am a fan of Radiesse. Radiesse is great when there is a lot of volume loss. Both products can last up to a year and in some patients longer.

Jean Keamy, MD
Westborough Ophthalmologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 8 reviews

Cheek Volumizing Product

Thank you for your question.  There are a number of Volumizing products for the cheeks including hyaluronic acid products (#Voluma, #Volift, #Juvederm, #Restylane, #RestylaneLyft, #Emervel),  collagen stimating products (#Sculptra, #Radiesse), and fat (#fatgrafting).  In the right hands, your dermatologist or plastic surgeon can use any of the products to improve or correct a loss of volume due to aging.  

Is there a specific product on which you have a question?

Best of luck,
Suneel Chilukuri, M.D.
Houston, TX

#liquidfacelift, #facelift, #Allergan, #Galderma, #Merz, #RefreshDermatology

Suneel Chilukuri, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 31 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.