Do I need cheek filler? (Photo)

Sometimes I look in the mirror and I can see shadows and some hollowing in my face. I'm 29. I have seen a respected specialist who has told me I require 0.5ml of Voluma filer in each cheek. Could people tell I have had it done? (I don't want other people to know) Will there be lumps for the first few days? I have a 'good' cheekbone line to my mouth with a slight sunken lower cheek. Idon't want to change my appearance, just slightly make myself look more fresh!

Do I need cheek filler?

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. I do see you are losing volume in your cheeks, so I think you would benefit from a thick filler such as Voluma to help replace lost volume and accentuate your bone structure. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    

Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma and Cheeks

Voluma is a fabulous facial filler for the mid-face and it sounds like your doctor is proposing a conservative amount that will not change your face or proportions.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist who is an expert in cosmetic facial injections for the best results.  Best, Dr. Green

Voluma

Thank you for your question. Voluma is the first facial filler to be approved by the FDA for the non-surgical treatment of the cheeks. It can create a more youthful and healthy appearance, lasting up to 2 years. I welcome you to review before and after photos to provide its efficacy. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma for cheeks

Thank you for asking about your Voluma injections.

• People should not notice what was done but you will have small red skin marks at the injection sites.
  • You may need more than  1 syringe but it is good advice to start with just one.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Do I need Voluma??????????

Thanks for enclosing a photo.  Voluma is a great way to add definition to your cheeks and to do so in a subtle fashion.  I agree with many of these posts in that 0.5cc seems small, however, the benefit is that if you like the result after the first syringe you can go and have more injected.  Keep us posted.

Voluma

Thank you for including your pic. A conservative amount of filler to the cheek area would look great and will not change your appearance. After your injection you may have some swelling but the swelling will go down quickly. You will not have lumps. Best to you, Dr Faraz

Voluma and Dermal Fillers should not look unnatural and can help you improve hollows

Hello!

I appreciate that you've shared a photo along with your questions- good ones by the way... and apologize that I can't use the photo entirely to make recommendations.  Based on the feedback from one physician regarding a .5 cc Voluma per side, I think this is conservative and could offer you improvement and a very natural looking outcome.  I love Voluma for many reasons, but also would encourage you to pursue a specialist who provides Sculptra. Based on your description of what concerns you most, it may also be an excellent product choice.

Regarding lumps and an unnatural look, it is common to have these concerns however not likely when you choose an experienced and talented injector.  When and if you do acknowledge the product after the injection, it would more than likely be palpable (you'd feel it) , but not notiecable.

All the best-

Dave Christianson, MD

Dave Christianson, MD
Saint Paul Physician

Do I need cheek filler?

Nobody need cheek filler but it can work to your advantage. You have a large area of flatness in your cheek, I think 1/2 cc per side is not enough to make a big enough difference.  My minimum is 1 cc per side.  I use cannulas, less bruising and safer.  

Val Lambros, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Do I Need Cheek Filler?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  Sorry that you are having some concerns about your facial appearance.  Based on your photo, conservative use of Voluma could nicely address your concerns with little to no downtime.  Naturally refreshed results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your concerns and your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes!  

Cheek augmentation with filler for a subtle, natural result

Cheek augmentation is a procedure to improve the volume and shape of the cheek.

Juvederm Voluma and Restylane Lyft are two hyaluronic acid facial filler products available for a cheek injection. They are both injected deeply, right on the bone, for a subtle, natural result. With proper technique, the benefit of a deep injection is avoiding palpable lumps and surface bruising. 

I would start conservatively, as you can always add more filler later. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon