changed mole in pregnancy (Photos)

I am currently 23 weeks pregnant and a couple of weeks ago I noticed my mole which I've always had under my left breast seems to have a loose flap on edge. I'm not sure if this has always been like this or whether it had come loose from rubbing or like a skin tag growing off edge . I di have an appointment scheduled with my dr, but only in 2 weeks. Can someone advise if his looks serious

Mole in Pregnancy

Thank you for your question.  It is common for moles to change in pregnancy.  It is difficult to tell from the picture if a biopsy is needed or not.  I recommend keeping the appointment with your doctor to have a closer examination in person.  I wish you the best!

San Diego Dermatologist

Pregnancy and Mole Removal

Many changes take place during pregnancy and most pigmentation changes to existing moles are not serious.That being said, moles can be removed in pregancy without any issues.  Please see a cosmetic dermatologist with experience.  Best, Dr. Emer.