How would you change my nose? Urgent (Photo)

What changes would you make to this nose in a rhinoplasty, does anything look particularly troubling with the anatomy? Perhaps the tip is too droopy? thank you...

Rhinoplasty candidate

From the one very limited photograph, it appears that there is a large dorsal hump with significant projection. The dorsal hump is composed of both bone and cartilage which must be shaved down in order to remove it. The tip of the nose can be lifted as necessary. It's also important to release the depressor septi ligament which may be pulling the tip down with animation. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty

Hello Adammarshall - Thank you for your question.  It's difficult to just evaluate your nose based on 1 view that does not include your whole face.  I would like to see your forehead and chin.  Rhinoplasty is an surgery that should help balance your nose to the rest of your face.  However based on what you have submitted, you can benefit from a conservative removal of your dorsal hump leaving your dorsum straight which should improve the droopiness of your tip.  I would also correct your hanging columella.  Best of luck to you!

Jacqueline T. Cheng, MD
San Jose Facial Plastic Surgeon

How would You Change My Nose?

All I can say with just one view of your nose is that you should consider removal of the hump, improving tip projection and definition, and lifting your hanging columella. A full set of pictures as described on my website would be helpful.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty

Based on your photo, you have a classic male nose.  The nasal hump should be taken down and the tip slightly elevated as not to appear droopy.  Overall, this is not an urgent emergency.  Consult with a highly experienced board certified plastic surgeon for an in person exam to discuss your options.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD