Bulbous nose, can Rhinoplasty fix the tip and nostrils? (photos)

I've had a previous rhinoplasty they only got rid of a small bump on the bridge of my nose , I m not sure if I can get work done to the tip of my nose And nostrils smaller !?

Well, maybe, but I need better, bigger photos to figure it out.

I usually make a morph when I'm answering questions like this, but the photos you posted aren't good enough to see the detail about your nose and make a computer morph. See the "Web reference" link, just below my post. At the *very* bottom of that page is a link to instructions on taking photos that are most useful for online consultations like this.

The link also has a discussion on how to tell whether your first rhinoplasty doctor should be performing your revision.

Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty

Dear ginitaotta, Revision surgery can be performed to address the width of your nose and refine your tip. Seek some consultations with experts in the field and have imaging performed to show you the proposed changes revision surgery would provide taking into consideration your current anatomy and skin thickness. Once this is performed you can decide if these changes would be worthwhile to you. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Revision rhinoplasty candidate for bulbous tip

A revision rhinoplasty is more difficult than a primary rhinoplasty, so it is important to choose  your second surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience.  Thick skin in the tip of the nose will prevent significant refinement in that area.  The bulbous tip is reduced with cartilage suture techniques and conservative cartilage removal applied to the nasal tip cartilages.  An alar-plasty is performed  to narrow wide nostrils.  For more information  and many examples of  bulbous tip reduction, please see the link and the video below 

Bulbous nose, can Rhinoplasty fix the tip and nostrils?

Hello ginitaotta - Thanks for your question. Yes, tip rhinoplasty can be performed and your nostrils can be made smaller. The problem is that your bridge looks relatively wide. If you have revision/secondary rhinoplasty and just focus on the tip structures, you will most likely create visual disharmony with the bridge of your nose. As funny as this sounds, you may need a slim bridge augmentation or repositioning of your nasal bones to avoid this problem. I would recommend that you consult with a revision rhinoplasty specialist in your area for more information. Good luck, Dr. Shah 

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to Improve Bulbous Tip and Reduce Wide Nostrils

A limited rhinoplasty can be done to narrow and refine a bulbous tip and decrease the width of your nostrils. Your previous surgery will not interfere with a tip-plasty.

Can rhinoplasty fix the tip and nostrils

Hi ginitaotta,Having a previous rhinoplasty on the bridge of the nose shouldn't necessarily be a deterrent to having another nasal procedure for the nasal tip. In general, the nasal tip and nostrils can be made smaller. The few pictures of your nose don't show all of the views necessary to make a great armchair assessment. Instead, I suggest that you visit a rhinoplasty specialist in your area in person for a consultation.Good luck!Michael M. Kim, MD

Michael M. Kim, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon