Is the bright yellow bruising normal? And slightly purple around the nipple? How does the boobs look overall? (Photos)

Bruising after Breast uplift / implants / reduction

This is normal bruising and will settle down over the next week or two. You do seem to have a good intial result.. .congratulations on your new boobs...!

Normal bruising

Thanks for the question and photos.  What you are experiencing looks totally normal.  Bruising starts with dark blue/purple goes to a more greenish color, then yellow and eventually back to normal.  You are at the end stages of bruising.  It also look like you have a good early result!  Good luck!

Jeffrey Umansky, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Bruising and slight purple color are normal after breast lift with implants

Overall, all looks good. The yellow is normal and is due to the medicine that was injected around the incision lines. The medicine injected is used to minimize bleeding from the skin edges during surgery and is similar to the medicine that dentists use. The red is a little bit of blood under the skin, which is normal. It will heal and disappear. I'm sure your surgeon will confirm all of this on your next visit. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Yellow bruising

You look to have a normal resolving bruise on both sides.  I would anticipate an uneventful recovery with a very nice result!

Earl E. Ferguson III, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Swelling , some advices:

Thanks for the question. Its normal to have bruising in the early post op. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Bruising

The bruising that you see on your chest looks relatively normal in the photos. If there are any specific concerns, you should see your surgeon.

Bruising

Thank you for your question. It is appropriate color for the bruise at this moment. It varies clot depending on the time of healing. Please follow instructions from your PS

Bruising After Augmentation/Mastopexy

Thanks for the question! Judging by the photos, it looks like the bruising is totally normal and should fade out over the next few weeks. I would certainly follow up with your plastic surgeon, however, especially to evaluate the bruising around the alreola. Best of luck!

Robert P. Schmid, MD
Lubbock Plastic Surgeon

Bruising after surgery

Thanks for your inquiry, I am unsure how far out from surgery you are, but it is not uncommon to have the bruising you have.  Please see your surgeon regularly and have your progress monitored.  Good Luck.  

Is the bright yellow bruising normal?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Your light degree of bruising is normal after implant placement and breast lift and should resolve quickly.  The darker purple will take a bit more time to clear but will not materially affect your long-term results.  All currently looks well in your results but maintain close follow up with your surgeon to ensure an uncomplicated recovery.  Best wishes.