Are my breasts tuberous? (photos)

My breasts have always bothered me and I knew they weren't quite right. nemourous partners have asked me what's wrong with them I thought I should find out.

Uneven Breasts

Thank you for your question. Your breast are clearly uneven. From this photo I cannot say with certainty that the left breast is tuberous. Nevertheless surgery could make the breast much more even. Most board certified plastic surgeons should be capable of helping you, but be sure your surgeon has considerable experience doing this type of work. Best of luck to you.

Your photo looks as if it was taken at an odd angle, but, regardless, you seem to have some significant asymmetry. All women have some, but since yours bothers you, there are a number of options for fixing it. A breast lift, a lift with an implant or a breast reduction if you are also looking to take down the volume. I would advise you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss which option would be right for you. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Breast asymmetry

It is difficult to tell from the photo, but it does look like one of your breasts is tuberous and saggy compared to the opposite side.  Lifting and/or reducing the tuberous side will help achieve symmetry.

Tuberous breasts

This breast condition is a congenital or developmental problem of the breast that is characterized by a variety of appearances generally seen at the time of puberty. There may be breast underdevelopment of the breast with little or no breast tissue. There may be deficiency of breast skin. The breast may appear narrow, tubular, long , conical or droopy. This has lended to other unattractive names such as #TubularBreasts, or #SnoopyBreasts.
You have asymmetric breasts

Correction of breast asymmetry

You do not have tuberous breasts. You do have asymmetry. A breast lift and reduction of the right larger breast should improve asymmetry. For more information please read below:

Hard to tell from the photos

• A tuberous breast deformity is due to the fact that the breast is not shaped like a mound but more like a silo. The base is narrow and the areola is large. The treatment is to open up the base of the breast tissue so that it is wider and then place the proper implant underneath the breast tissue. The areola is also reduced in size. It's hard to tell from these photos but if you sent a more complete set, I can get a better idea

Joseph M. Perlman, MD

Correction of asymmetry of the breasts.

The pictures don't provide enough information for a very specific opinion. The right breast appears to have some constriction. I can't determine if there is any volume asymmetry. Correction would at least involve a mastopexy on the right side.

Are my breasts tuberous?

Thanks for the question, but to analyze breast shape we would need better photos. This would be a front view (level) and both side views with your arms relaxed at your sides.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Assymetry and tuberous breast

Hi honey, thank you for question, your breast are asymmetric, and your right breast is tuberous, this can be improved by surgery, I recommend to visit a Board certiified plastic surgeon so you can have an evaluation. I hope you find what you are looking for. Best wishes :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Are the breasts tuberous

Thank you for asking about your breasts.

• Your photo isn't entirely clear but it suggests that your breasts are asymmetric AND
  • one breast may be tuberous.
  • The asymmetry and the shape can be dramatically improve with surgery.
  • So find a plastic surgeon near you and discuss what is involved.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.