What breast surgery would I need - asymmetrical and point outwards. (photos)

The first photo is of my breasts which are very asymmetrical and point outwards. I want to achieve a look similar to the second or third photo, would this Even be possible? And what surgery would I need? Thank you

You may benefit from differently sized implants.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is very common for women to have asymmetrical breasts. Significant asymmetry can be improved by using two different sizes of implants to help make the breasts appear more even. Additionally, a breast lift is sometimes recommended to correct nipple placement. The next step for you should be to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can examine you in person and suggest options based on your anatomy and expectations.  

I have asymmetry

Your symmetry can likely be improved with surgery, however, there are many potential paths - making one side larger or the other smaller, for example. I would set up a formal consultation. Good luck!

Bryan Correa, MD

Asimetric and outward

Hi, I recommend you an ergonomic implant to achieve the shape of the pics. And after the implant is positioned the plastic surgeon will know if it is necessary to move the areola-.nipple complex inside a little  thru a periareolar incision. 

Gianna Ramos, MD

You will need breast augmentation

Breast augmentation, using larger implants on your left side will give you, your desired look as seen in your photos. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

Asymmetry

Asymmetry of the breasts and nipples are common. Different sized breast implants can often help the size discrepancy between two breasts. Breast lifting procedures can improve the shape of the breasts as well as move the nipple. Best bet is to obtain a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. They can examine you, then discuss options to try to achieve your goals.

Asymmetrical breats

Thank you for your photos.  You do have an asymmetry which most women do have.   In your case you should discuss with your surgeon the possibility of performing a breast lift on the larger breast and also using different size implants to try and correct the asymmetry as much as possible.  Make sure that you use a board certified plastic surgeon.  Ask to look at photos of women who have a similar body type and/or asymmetry.  Make sure you are comfortable with him/her, don't be afraid to ask questions and ask for referrals.  Keep in mind that some asymmetry may still exist after surgery.  Best of luck! 

Nipple asymmetry

Hello and thank you for your excellent question. Most women have some degree of breast and nipple asymmetry. Placing an implant will help this asymmetry, to some degree. The other option is to perform a small mastopexy to change your nipple position. Preoperative visualization and surgical simulation with the Crisalix system may help with your decision. Any treatment plan should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.    Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation in person with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon. Good luck! 

Jon Ver Halen, MD FACS 

Harvard educated plastic surgeon

What breast surgery would I need - asymmetrical and point outwards.

Thank you for the question and pictures.  Some degree of breast asymmetry is commonly encountered. In your case (given the significant asymmetry present), the use of different volumes of breast implants as well as breast lifting of the larger/lower breast will help improve your symmetry significantly.

I find that I use different sizes of breast implants for an individual patient undergoing breast augmentation surgery frequently.  Sometimes, when there is significant chest wall asymmetry as well, different profiles of breast implants may also be helpful.  

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast asymmetry concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Thank you for your question.  Judging by the "before" photograph you have a bit of size asymmetry which may be able to be improved with a breast augmentation alone using either saline or silicone gel implants.  The other issue is the nipple asymmetry.  While a breast lift can be used to move the nipple and the areola upward it is less effective at removing the nipple and the areola from one side to the other.  Typically if the nipple is too far lateral there is essentially less skin laterally and that will persist after a breast augmentation and after a breast lift.  There are some asymmetries that cannot be corrected with surgery.  It is not always possible to achieve your desired breast appearance as seen in photographs of women whose breasts started out much different from your own.  Best of luck.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Assymetry of breasts and nipple position

You have two questions which are equally relevant but should be addressed separately. 

1) Your asymmetry is quite significant. I would recommend saline implants so the adjustment of volume can be as precise as possible. You have enough breast tissue on both sides, so that I believe wrinkling will not be an issue.

2) From the center of your chest to the nipple does seem a bit wide. The nipple areola can be moved in, essentially like a crescent mastopexy, except instead of up, the nipple will be moved in, to center it. The downside to this is that it will leave a scar around the inner half of the areola. Alternatively, you may want to have a proper diameter implant placed to be centered behind the nipple. Right now you have more tissue on the inside of the breast, as apposed to the outer part of the breast. This would help to point the nipple in a more forward direction, instead of off to the side. If you do that, and you still feel the nipple is still too far outside, you can later do a little procedure in the office to slide the areola in a bit.

Talmage Raine MD

Talmage J. Raine, MD, FACS