I'm 1 year post op. Is my right breast too low? My incision is literally behind my implant (photo).

My right boob is bothering me! The crease is so deep I can put my hand behind my implant!!! I'm not sure if it's normal but my right boob is also quiet tender on the side. My right boob has always been droopy even before surgery. My left boob there's no deep crease where I can put my fingers in to feel the back of my implant my right boob I can. I posted a pic of my arm up and down so you can see the difference. When I put my arm up isn't my boob suppose to look like that?

Perhaps Capsular Contracture, Left Side

Dear emz19921,

It is difficult to ascertain your results without seeing frontal, 45-degree and profile views. You will need to see your surgeon for re-evaluation specifically looking for capsular contracture perhaps of the left side, which is causing the asymmetry.

I hope this has been helpful.

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Breast Augmentation scar

Your right breast result looks BETTER than the left one. The incision ideally lays in the inframammary fold (right breast) itself, not on the visible part of the breast (left breast). 

Concerns 1 year after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  Despite the provided photos, I feel your best option to be evaluated by your surgeon.  It is important to express your concerns.  If you don't feel that you can do this with your surgeon, I would encourage you to obtain a second opinion fro a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Dr. Mooty

R. Clark Mooty, MD
Lubbock Plastic Surgeon

Chronic Fear of a Problem

You have been concerned about your breast augmentation since surgery, posting on this forum multiple times about vague concerns that no one could really answer for you, including  myself.  Your photos are not helpful for any intelligent answers.  If  you need reassurance that all is well, please visit your surgeon.  If you do not trust him, go on a few second opinion consultations. Best of luck.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Nice result

A photo from the front would be helpful, but it looks like you have a nice result.  If you had a deeper fold on the right before surgery, you will have that after surgery, as an augmentation will not correct skin asymmetries.  If it looks great from the fron, don't worry about the depth of the crease, and enjoy your result!

Nicholas Husni, MD, PhD, FACS
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Breast Aug 1 year

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to assess from the pictures you provided. You probably have asymmetry before , that is showing. I recommend you go to your surgeon for assessment and to discuss your concerns.

1 Year Post-Op

Thanks for your question; unfortunately it's a little difficult to judge by the angle of the pictures you've provided. It's best to seek one on one follow up with your surgeon to go over your concerns as well as your pre and post op pictures. Good luck!

I'm 1 year post op. Is my right breast too low? My incision is literally behind my implant

The angle on your photos does no allow me to see exactly what is going on. It sounds like from your description that your breasts were different pre-op. If that is the case just putting implants in both breasts usually does not lead to having "twins". It just makes the breasts that you have bigger. You may have needed a lift on the right in order to create symmetry. I recommend that you see your PS or a different board certified PS to get an exam and their opinion on what can be done to meet your expectations. 

Implant on right has deep crease

Thank you for asking about your breast implants.

It's a little hard from these photos to tell what is causing this. Since your breast was droopy before the surgery, you may need a breast lift. I suggest you see your surgeon, compare before/after photos and discuss what might be done.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

I'm afraid that from the photos provided there is no way to answer your question with any surety.  Your plastic surgeon can look and examine you and give you a better idea of the current situation.  Good luck.

William A. Terranova, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon