I put botox but my eyebrows both fell down; after mini lift, will this improve?

I put botox but my eyebrows both fail down. The only option I have is to do mini lift. On forehead to rise them up is that right ? But my question is whenever I will do the mini lift for rise eyebrows. After 3 or 4 months whenever the the botox will go I will be able to expression again. Just does t show much the wrinkles on forehead is that right ? Thanks

Put botox but my eyebrows both fell down; after mini lift, will this improve?

Hi, Botox weakens the muscles that elevate the eyebrows as well as cause the unwanted lines in the forehead.  A facelift, including a minimally invasive SMAS facelift (described below) is meant to decrease the appearance of "jowls" and remove excess fat an skin from the face and or neck.  Since a facelift doesn't dissect across the head and forehead, it will have zero impact on your low eyebrows.  In as early as 1 month, with exercises to try and raise the eyebrows, the effects of the Botox will begin to diminish.  In 3 month the effects will be gone.  There is no need to have any surgery to fix a temporary issue that you have from Botox injections.  A formal Brow Lift is the only procedure that is capable of significantly and accurately lifting and elevating the eyebrows.

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions and no incisions extend or are placed within the hair.
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op

I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.

Botox & Mini-Facelift

Thanks for your question, and I'm sorry that happened to you w/ the Botox treatment. The mini-facelift will not likely change your eyebrow position. You'd need a brow lift of some variety to change that. However, most of the effects of Botox will be gone by 3 months. I'd wait it out and avoid a big surgery. You should regain all muscle action once the drug is metabolized. I hope that helps you. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon