Will botox still work after being neutralised?

put botox in 2 lines of my forehead like 24 hours a go.After 24 hours I regret because my eyebrow drop down so the dermatologist Injected a neutralizing. For stop the efect So my question is because he put the neutralizing. In less than 24 hours after I put the botox. Because I put less than 24 hours a go ..... So my muscle soons the neutralizing start work will stop the botox?. And my muscle start work soon stop the botox ? magine 19 clock And day after 14 clock I injected the neutralizing

Botox effect and duration

In general, Botox takes 2-4 days to start working, and can take up to 2 weeks to show 100% of its effect.  Botox wears off after 3-4 months in most patients.  Besides time, I am not aware of any reversing agents for Botox (or any other neuromodulator).  I suggest giving the Botox time to wear off, and considering a smaller dose (or no forehead treatment) of Botox or a different injecting physician at your next treatment.  

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox Neutralised: Botox, Xeomin, Dysport Wears Off / Seek An Expert Injector

Botox is absorbed quickly, but results take a few days to appear. You will need to wait until the Botox wears off within the next three to four months. You can use this time to find a more expert injector for your next treatment. Good luck. Best, Dr. Emer

Neutralizing Botox following eyebrow drop / ptosis

Dear danieloportuga:Sorry for your disappointing results and misunderstanding. Botox is quickly absorbed by the nerve endings to stop muscle activity but it takes several days to begin the relaxation. There is no neutralizing injection but sometimes there are ways to work around a eyelid and brow ptosis. 
  • For eyelid ptosis following Botox, there is an eyedrop which will stimulate the eyelid muscle called Mydfrin. It is very short acting but can help.
  • For eyebrow ptosis, Botox to the upper outer, upper inner orbicularis muscle of the eye and corrugator complex may help in raising the eyebrow. 
Botox injection takes skill and understanding of the different muscles and their actions. Always choose a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Facial ENT, or Ophthalmologist with great experience in this field. I wish you the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Botox reversal?

Thank you for your question.I am sorry you did not achieve the results you expected.  I am unfamiliar with a neutralizing agent for Botox as there is no reversal agent available.  Botox should also take more than 24 hours to have an affect.  I would recommend seeking another injector to have an evaluation. Preferably a board certified plastic surgeon, dermatologist, or facial plastic surgeon.Best Dr. L

Andre Levesque, MD

Neutralizing Botox is not possible

There is no reversing agent for Botox. The question can't be answered because once injected, there is nothing to stop its effects or wear it off sooner. The Botox is absorbed within a couple hours into the nerve endings.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox antidote

Sorry to hear.  Unfortunately, there is no neutralizing agent for Botox.  If your eyelid droops, some will give a stimulant eyedrop to try and activate the eyelid muscles and lift the lid.  This counters the droopy lid but will not deactivate your Botox.Your case is unfortunate, but a lesson to all that one should always choose a board certified plastic or facial plastic surgeon for injectionsBest of luckDr Rodman

Regina Rodman, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello, and thanks for your question. I'm sorry you did not get the result you had hoped for. There is no injectable antidote for Botox, so I think your injector is confused. I recommend seeing a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for future treatments. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Will Botox still work after being neutralized?

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your muscle issues. Unfortunately Botox does not have a reversal agent and it will begin to work on your forehead in 3-5 days, with maximum effect by 2 weeks.  Over the next 3-4 months the Botox will wear off, returning you to your prior appearance.  Hope this helps.

Botox neutralizing or removing Botox

Botox is a very safe and effective treatment for dynamic wrinkles when injected by a trained and highly experienced expert such as a dermatologist. It is unfortunate that you have heaviness and eyebrow drop, and unfortunately there is no neutralizing agent against Botox as there is for a hyaluronic acid filler. Makes me a little worried about the qualifications of your injector if they promised you a neutralizing treatment. What they may have meant is that there is an eyedrop that can be used to help open the eyes more in case of a droop, but there is no injection.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

How to neutralize Botox

I'm not sure who is doing your injections but my assumption is that it is not someone who is trained well. There is NO neutralizing agent for Botox. Once it is in it will be there for about 3-4 months on average. You cannot "undo" Botox. So make sure you are seeing an expert!"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."